What's new

What is a Reliable 57" Widescreen (1 Viewer)

Matthew Jon

Auditioning
I am trying to choose between a Hitachi 57" and the Sony 57" Widscreen TV. They both have DVI and and are HDTV Ready.

Prices are about the Same and just worried about quality and reliability.

Sean Stashuk

Auditioning
Let me be the first (but probably not the last) to recomend the Hitachi set. Hitachi is well known for manufacturing very high quality RPTVs. Sony, although great for direct view, has not really excelled at producing top quality RPTV's.

-Sean

Matthew Jon

Auditioning
I have the JVC RX-8000BK Reciever and I love it. Bought it two years ago and it still rocks like the Day I got it. I am not into this JBL POLK BOSE LIPTCH and Devintive Audio BullCrap. I cannot see spending all this money on something to the Normal ear and sometimes to the Advanced Ear can't tellthe difference.

Would you get the Hitachi TV or is there any others that or better or what?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Matthew, what does your JVC receiver have to do with it?

Yes, there are better TVs and worse TVs, all in a variety of price ranges.

But what does audio have anything to do with it??

Thanks!
Gregg

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
I'd search google for the AVS and Hometheaterspot.com forums as they could really help educate you.

As for myself, I sprung for a Hitachi 57F500 and couldn't be happier at the moment. Even with the rather mundane and silly stretch modes, the line double is excellent. Digital Cable looks great, and even VHS is tolerable! Certainly looks a 10x times better than my ATI AIW tv tuner on my computer.

DVD looks outstanding, and all these modes look better than what I expected. I now have no worries that HDTV will spoil the image from DVD's as the DVD's stand up with pretty high quality. HD on the set looks great also, and it's not even calibrated yet, which will be done as soon as I can find a suitable ISF'er who's an expert on Hitachi's.

Not sure if you play videogames, but the set is damn near the perfect gaming monitor. Since it converts every resolution to just 2 resolutions, 540p and 1080i, going from 480i to 480p is instant, so who cares if the Xbox opening menu is in 480i, when the game goes to 480p or 720p it is instant.

Ofcourse, I seem to have a very good set (The only problem being a "red push", overpowering reds that was quickly corrected), but others have talked about pastel flesh tones, solarization as problems with Hitachi's. Sony's might have a problem with the screen flickering, and not as good of a picture compared to other sets. All I can say is do your research so you can anticipate problems as any RPTV has the potential to have problems out the box. I guess I got lucky, my set kicks ass and takes names, and after ISF calibration, I"m sure it'll be able to take on any tv set in the world! Good enough for me.

Matthew Jon

Auditioning
Matthew, what does your JVC receiver have to do with it?

Yes, there are better TVs and worse TVs, all in a variety of price ranges.

But what does audio have anything to do with it??
I posted that just because the guy that first replied to me has a similar Receiver. That and I have posted a couple times and seems like no one wants to post about the smaller speakers, all they want to post is the upper dollar audio speakers. I guess that is it.

I have tried to posted some posts on others including here and no one wants to talk about Sony. They act like it a plague. I am just interested in small market (Not high Priced Products) Speakers and Others.

I am sorry just little vent. If that is not cool, that is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks