What's new

What height stands for my B&W 602s? (1 Viewer)

Richard_T

Second Unit
I am in the market to buy a pair of stands for my B&W 602s. I was wondering what is a good height for the stands to be. Right now I'm using a pair of 36" stands which seem way to high. I'm wondering if a pair of 24" stands might be better since it would put the tweeters closer to my ear level at seating position. Below is a pic of the stand I'm looking at (God I hope this works, I've had a real problem learing to get photos to show in my posts.) Is there any kind of standard in regards to stands and how high they should be?
prostands.jpg

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Try to find a height that will put your ears right in between the tweeter and midwoofer of the speaker. You'd be amazed at what's going on with the midwoofer especially with voclas.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I use 20" Premier stands with my 602S2's. It puts the tweeter exactly at ear height (38") to me when I am sitting in my recliner. This is the height recommended by my B&W dealer, and is also the approximate height of B&W 604S2 floor standers.

Pete

Jeffrey Wiffen

Stunt Coordinator
While you guys are on this topic, I have a question. I just bought stands for my B&W DM303's. What should i use on hardwood floors? Do I lay the base of the stand directly on the hardwood or should I use the sharp/pointy base attachments usually used on carpet? Am I making any sense?

RicP

Screenwriter
Jeffrey,
You can use the coupling spikes on hardwood if you want to, I do. Basically anything that helps you couple the speaker to the stand and the stand to the floor is what you want. If the flat base works best for you, go with that, if the spikes work best, then go for that.
They have small coin-like pucks that you can use under the spikes if you are worried about damaging the floor as well. :)

Richard_T

Second Unit
Thanks for the info everyone and thank you for the pic and URL RicP. I checked the site and they do look great. A little more than the Atlantis stands I was looking at ($299 US compared to $225.00 CND) Do you think the extra cash would be worth it? I'll be looking to get something this weekend. At least I have a better idea about the height I should be looking at. Thanks everyone.!!;)

Richard_T

Second Unit
Yeah, I think I do plan to have the 602s for a while. I guess with the exchange and the everyhting, they just may not be within reach financially. I'll have to check and see if my local dealer has them in a 20". Do you think it would make a big difference if all I can get is the 24"? IF not, I may go with them. I think they look good too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks