What's new

What do you think of this Paradigm Reference setup? (1 Viewer)

Edward M

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have the following:

Studio 40's up front

Studio 20's as surround

Studio CC

ACI Titan II LE sub

I want to add another set of speakers which when I have the space will complete my 7.1 system. Today one pair will be used in the bedroom running off the multi room mode of my Denon 3801. My listening preferences are about 75% music / 25% movies. And i'm not sure what my future listening room will look like.

I could add a pair of ADP's, 20's, or 40's.

My latest thought was that if I add the 20's and really get into multichannel music I could take one of the 20's and use it on a stand in place of the Studio CC. That way they are close enough (when set small) to the 40's to give me the almost identical 5 speakers. And for movies I would have 4 identical surrounds for the day that each rear channel has discreet information.

Please let me know your thoughts,

Ed

James Slade

Second Unit
If you were more into movies I would say ad ADP's for the side and movie 20 to back. If 75% music is accurate I would just keep adding 20's until they stop adding channels or you run out of room.

I use 20's for my surrounds and never wish for ADP's although someday in the future you never know, I mihgt give them a try.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
I would add a pair of Studio ADP's. They are awesome surrounds for movies. You can omit the ADP's when you listen to music, and just go 5 channel stereo. Just listening to music through your 40's (2-channel) will be a nice experience as well.

BTW, the Studio CC is as good a timbre match to the rest of the line as I have heard.

Alan Wild

Stunt Coordinator
If you think you are going to get into multichannel music AND you really listen to music more than movies... I would recommend getting a second set of 40's and move your existing 20's to the back of the room to serve as center surrounds.
That said, I use 20's for both my rear-center and RL and RR speakers and they work great, but they are somewhat out-of-balance with the 100's I have up front for multichannel music.
They still sound good and I'm sure you'd be happy with any of the choices, but given how close the 20's and 40's are in price, I would go with another set of 40's.
Later on I would add a set of ADP's and some sort of switching mechanism so I could choose my rear surround, but what do I know? :)
-Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Slayer
Recent bookmarks