What's new

What are you supposed to clean a computer screen with? (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
What are you supposed to clean a computer screen with?

That's the question I've just been asked.
So, anything wrong with regular glass cleaner?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Depends on what kind of screen. :) CRT? Glass cleaner should be no problem. LCD? Plasma? Wouldn't use the glass cleaner. :) (Check the manual, there should be a recommendation.)

Regards,

Joe

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I've had no problems wiping the screen (CRT or LCD) with the sleeve of a t-shirt. Glass cleaner has worked fine for the LCDs where I work, but I don't know about CRTs. I bought Staples brand wipes for my CRT a couple years ago and they worked fine too.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I picked up some Pledge Multisurface cleaner at Target the other day. It has been formulated for cleaning computer screens, TV screens, etc. It works great leaving no streaks behind.

Parker

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere that a half-and-half mixture of 90% isopropyl alcohol and water is good for cleaning LCDs. For any TV, just remember to put the cleaner on the cloth, not directly on the screen.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
For my CRT at home, I use Endust Antistatic Cleaning & Dusting Spray and a soft cloth to wipe it off; at work, I use premoistened Antistatic Cleaning Wipes from Endust on my LCD monitor. There are store brand alternatives that are cheaper and just as effective (I went with Endust because it was on sale).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks