What's new

What are the chances that Universal will reissue their Best Of Hitchcock Collections? (1 Viewer)

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
Yes, as I said, ALL the films that should be anamorphic, except Psycho and Vertigo, are anamorphic, and yes, that includes Topaz, which looks fantastic and is the longer preview cut with seventeen extra minutes. Fantastic disc.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Arthur, thanks for the input. I already own the two non-anamorphic discs, so I won't worry about it anymore. Thanks.

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
The Alfred Hitchcock Presents discs are worth tracking down IMO, some very funny and very suspenseful shows on those discs.

Greg Black

Second Unit
That's some great news about Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I loved watching that show as a kid, and I can't wait to see those episodes again.

To those that are holding out on purchasing Vertigo or Psycho because of their non-anamorphic transfers: they are some of the absolute best non-anamorphic transfers, and they put many anamorphic transfers to shame. They're only $14 a piece. Why deny yourself?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Did you mean "entire 1st season"? I don't believe that the entire series (which ran for many years) is being released. In fact I'm not even sure if it's the first season or a "best of" that's coming.

I agree with Greg on Vertigo and Pysco. To call them inferior products does the discs a great injustice.

Steve

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator

Or, god forbid, an "Ultimate Edition" of Psycho including the -gag- Remake!

See also: Charade, Death Takes a Holiday, and Scarface.

Although I wouldn't mind The Man Who Knew Too Much including the original Peter Lorre version.

Gee, when you think of it, there are a lot of Hitchcock remakes out there:

The Lady Vanishes (remade with Cybill Shepherd)
Rear Window (Christopher Reeve)
Dial M for Murder (as A Perfect Murder... thank you for not acknowledging this, WB!)
The Birds ("inspired" Bats)
Coming Soon: Mr. and Mrs. Smith

I'm sure there are more...

CDE,

CS

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

Can anyone post a picture of what this might look like? For the isolated score, I might be willing to track it down used. What other extras does it have on it?

Edit: Never mind, I just did a search and found that it's a Universal THX Signature LD or something like that.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Really? Wow, that would great. Can anyone confirm this?

I get the feeling that we will see remastered SEs of Psycho and Vertigo next year. I never thought that lazy ol' Universal would revisit Field of Dreams and The Thing, but they have. I'll be looking for Psycho and Vertigo going OOP in the new year. They were among the first DVDs I bought - transatlantically imported before they were available in the UK. Cost an arm and leg! Ah, memories. :)

Watching all of the Warner DVDs back-to-back recently only affirmed my admiration for Sir Alfred. He was truly a Master of Cinema. I Confess is astounding. I hadn't seen it for years. Pulverizing. Every shot is perfect. Clift's performance has to be one of American Cinema's very best. It's high time the film was recognised as one of Hitch's very best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks