What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
When you set a mouse trap, then don't catch anything for so long you forget about it until you do finally catch something and it pops in the summer heat, starts leaking, and stinks.

I've been trying to figure out what that smell was for a couple days now. I did check one trap, but forgot there was another. Bleah!

At least you didn't use rat poison where they crawl in the walls and die.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Well the work schedule doesn't help, been second shift for almost 12 years now, but when working hours are extended from 6 PM to 6 AM for a few weeks for special jobs. It just takes longer to get back into a normal routine. Honestly it's like I'm back on active duty in the Navy,operating on 3-4 hours "rest " a day.

Did catch an episode of Mannix that I haven't seen, so that was a bonus.
Also it's not all bad I've been really busy with that extra time let's see cleaned out my garage I straightened up my shed I replace the internals on a toilet. You know at least times not going to waste.

No one to disturb or distract you at 3 in the morning.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m annoyed by how many people say the Shawshank Redemption is a good movie. I’ve literally never made it more than 15 minutes in before falling asleep. I actually looked it up on Wikipedia once just to see what happened because by the time Tim Robbins gets to prison, I’m snoring. Every. Time.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I’m annoyed by how many people say the Shawshank Redemption is a good movie. I’ve literally never made it more than 15 minutes in before falling asleep. I actually looked it up on Wikipedia once just to see what happened because by the time Tim Robbins gets to prison, I’m snoring. Every. Time.

And some people are gatekeepers about such things, insinuating (seemingly) that you're not the true movie fan if you don't enjoy what they enjoy, or dislike what they dislike (not realizing [or even caring] that they are allowed to enjoy it as much as they want, or even dislike it for themselves).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I spent years hearing "You've never seen The Shawshank Redemption?! You have to see it!" and when I finally did, I thought it was a decent enough movie but I just laugh that it's even on the IMDB's Top 250- let alone at the top of the list. Frank Darabont did get a bunch of really great character actors for the supporting parts in the movie though.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I spent years hearing "You've never seen The Shawshank Redemption?! You have to see it!" and when I finally did, I thought it was a decent enough movie but I just laugh that it's even on the IMDB's Top 250- let alone at the top of the list. Frank Darabont did get a bunch of really great character actors for the supporting parts in the movie though.
I really like the film, but do agree that it’s a tad overrated. Certainly doesn’t deserve to be ahead of The Godfather on the IMDB list.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
…sorry…

You, me... and apparently, my brother too now... :huh:

Ah well... live and learn... and make the most of the hand we're dealt me thinks... Cheers!

_Man_

PS: I just finally got around to watching (most of) Ted Lasso: S1, and those couple late-middle episodes really choked me up...

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
More adventures with the company truck/trailers- this is the 3rd shop visit in a week dealing with maintenance, and the logging computer still doesn’t work. Feeling hopeless about the job now. I had almost a 5 hour wait on Monday for a trailer that should have been fixed while it wasn’t in our dedicated run. If I don’t fix it, it doesn’t get fixed. One of the dumb and infuriating things about the trucking industry- maintenance isn’t a high priority.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The laziness of delivery drivers, especially on Saturdays. Had it with both FedEx and UPS in the last couple of months.

In July, FedEx delivered a really small package on a Saturday while we were out of town. They dropped it on the third step going up to the front porch. Just two more steps and they could have placed it next to the door. Fortunately it didn't rain while we were gone, otherwise that package would have been ruined.

Yesterday (also a Saturday), UPS delivered a package while I was at my parents' for dinner. They dropped the box right in front of my garage door. So when I got home, I had to stop in the driveway, get out, move the box, get back in the car, and pull in. Again, just a step or two to their left and they could have placed it in between the two garage doors. If I had been home, I might have run over the package when I left.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The laziness of delivery drivers, especially on Saturdays. Had it with both FedEx and UPS in the last couple of months.

In July, FedEx delivered a really small package on a Saturday while we were out of town. They dropped it on the third step going up to the front porch. Just two more steps and they could have placed it next to the door. Fortunately it didn't rain while we were gone, otherwise that package would have been ruined.

Yesterday (also a Saturday), UPS delivered a package while I was at my parents' for dinner. They dropped the box right in front of my garage door. So when I got home, I had to stop in the driveway, get out, move the box, get back in the car, and pull in. Again, just a step or two to their left and they could have placed it in between the two garage doors. If I had been home, I might have run over the package when I left.
Last Tuesday, returning from my volunteering at Banting House, I was greeted with two delivered packages outside our apartment door, which the Mrs was there to receive. Ever since the start of the pandemic, we're lucky if they even bloody well knock anymore! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks