What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What annoys you? (3 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
How about the gooey ones that are like honey that some stores put out at their entrances? You can rub and rub but they are still very hard to get off.
My kid's preschool has foamy sanitizer from an automatic dispenser that takes forever to rub in. Takes longer to use it than it does to actually drop him off.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
On a trip this weekend and I was barely 15 minutes outside the coverage area of the NFL game I wanted to see. Every method I tried to get the game failed. Various apps kept defaulting to my phone's location and the Fios app is extremely limited if you're outside of your own house, much less state.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The one that has Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes- it that an insurance commercial too? The guy in that commercial annoys the piss out of me, for some reason.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
The increasingly obtrusive ads on Youtube. I know, I know - adblock - but I watch yt primarily on my TV and there's no way to apply adblock to TVs. I used to binge watch stuff on yt but now it's like watching a freaking broadcast network. And now there's this thing where every time an ad comes on my TV screen turns to black and pauses for several minutes before the ad loads. Grrr

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The increasingly obtrusive ads on Youtube. I know, I know - adblock - but I watch yt primarily on my TV and there's no way to apply adblock to TVs. I used to binge watch stuff on yt but now it's like watching a freaking broadcast network. And now there's this thing where every time an ad comes on my TV screen turns to black and pauses for several minutes before the ad loads. Grrr

As annoying as this is, youtube/google knows very well that "Joe Sixpack" and "Jane Q Public" will not know how to block ads. Especially using a youtube app on a standalone box like a roku, or even watching youtube on a bluray player never used to play bluray discs.

Youtube/google also likely knows that it is only the hardcore folks who know how to block any and all ads on youtube. Likely not "significant enough" yet to drastically affect advertising revenue.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
"B" horror movies plentiful on all the streaming services with NO real ending.
Most are disappointing.

Same story with many sci-fi / fantasy type movies produced by bottom feeder studios (such as The Asylum).

They're not even the "it's so bad, that it's good" variety of lousy sub-B movies.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Fireworks on 9/11. What kind of tactless and clueless fuck 'celebrates' this day?

My daughter, in 6th grade, “celebrated” Patriot Day by having a moment of silence in the quad outside of her classroom. Talking about it with her afterwards, none had any context for 9/11, weren’t sure what they were “celebrating”, and people were joking during the moment of silence. Definitely sounds like it could have been handled better. We had a long talk about 9/11 with her afterwards, to help her better understand.

Indeed-- 9/11 is a solemn day of remembrance every year for one of America's worst tragedies; it's not 7/4, our nation's birthday.

Unfortunately 9-11 has not reached the stage of respect similar to something like Yom HaShoah in Israel, where everything in Israel grinds to a pause and takes a 2 minute moment of silence at 10am.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am annoyed by the absolute futility of life right now. Monday we had a lunch date with a very good friend of ours. She never showed up and did not answer after numerous calls. This woman was absolutely never late.

Concerned, we called her brother first and left a message. She lived in a condo, so we decided to go to the building and talk to the super. She told us that our friend went to get on the elevator, but saw that there was someone else on it. Because of COVID, the rule in her building was one per elevator ride. She stepped back, caught her heal in the gap at the door and fell backwards smashing her head on the floor! An ambulance took her to the hospital where she died Sunday morning. “COVID” strikes again!

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I am annoyed by the absolute futility of life right now. Monday we had a lunch date with a very good friend of ours. She never showed up and did not answer after numerous calls. This woman was absolutely never late.

Concerned, we called her brother first and left a message. She lived in a condo, so we decided to go to the building and talk to the super. She told us that our friend went to get on the elevator, but saw that there was someone else on it. Because of COVID, the rule in her building was one per elevator ride. She stepped back, caught her heal in the gap at the door and fell backwards smashing her head on the floor! An ambulance took her to the hospital where she died Sunday morning. “COVID” strikes again!

That's horrible! I am so sorry.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

I'm so sorry, Terry! That is so awful!! 😥💔

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for the “likes”, and sorry about sharing my complete downer story, but as you can imagine it is top of mind with us right now.

I had a similar experience exactly a month ago that turned out much better than yours. I was at work and got a call from my wife. She was distraught and said she had hit her head. I asked if she wanted to go to the hospital, and she was crying and would only say "I hit my head real bad!"

I called 9-1-1 to get an ambulance there and then drove the 16 miles from work to home in record time. I got there just as the EMTs were about to leave in the ambulance to the hospital. They thought she merely had a scalp laceration (which they repaired at the hospital with staples), but after a CT scan at the local hospital they detected internal bleeding, so they had to transfer her to St. Luke's in downtown Houston where they had a neuro-surgery wing. They said she had sustained a concussion. They kept her there a couple of nights until they had determined the bleeding had stopped. Thank goodness she does not take blood thinners. People who do take them are at a severe risk if they fall and hit their heads because the brain bleeds too much before they can stop it.

The way she fell was that she was watering plants and the herb garden outside. At some point she stepped up on the deck and either lost her balance or tripped or something. She fell backward off the deck and hit her head on the brickwork of the house. When I got home, I looked at the area and saw where she had hit:

head injury.JPG

Thank goodness she was able to call me. I know she was panicked with the bleeding of the scalp laceration, but she still managed to call me. If she had landed anywhere differently she might have been knocked unconscious or broken her neck. I am going to get her some sort of emergency button she can wear around her neck or on her wrist. If the fall had immobilized her, she would never have been able to get to her phone to call me. I worked from home for a few days so as to keep an eye on her. She seems to be doing okay, but she has not tried to do any watering outside since the accident.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The deck is not far off the ground, maybe 18" or so. I'm still not sure exactly how she hit the wall. It is possible that she hit higher up for the actual blow, and that her head hit again after the blood had started to flow. The bump on her head was not exactly where the laceration was, so I think she may have hit and sort of bounced and slid and that while sliding it may have created the gash. It's one of those scary things in which a mere matter of inches were the difference between life and death.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks