What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I’m going to assume the 71/75 repairs had to do with eroding foundation underneath the concrete- if you know that area, you know that’s a steep hill of more than a mile at the river. The 275 repairs- not sure about that one.

Ah, I see! That's why I said what I said-- of course, I have never, ever been up there in that area, but still, construction on both the main road and the detour doesn't give one much choice of roads up there.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Ah, I see! That's why I said what I said-- of course, I have never, ever been up there in that area, but still, construction on both the main road and the detour doesn't give one much choice of roads up there.
There is another detour, but it’s about 20 miles longer than the primary route through town. I’d rather drive out of route than to sit in traffic.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Mazda's corporate moto:

Zoom - Zoom!

mazda_zoom-zoom1.png

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm annoyed by geographic names being reused in different parts of the country.

Today's annoyance: the Powder River in Oregon vs. the Powder River in Wyoming. The memoirs of Capt. Bonneville talks about both but never puts in context which one he's referencing.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I get annoyed by clerks in stores, or people who come to your house for estimates, who behave as if everything you own is anti-diluvian. They of course usually are about 15 years old! I generally follow the latest trends in electronics, but see no need to upgrade immediately to whatever comes out, just because it is new.
My set up is all Sony and although bought about 10 years ago, still works just as well as it ever did. I was going to replace it by now, but have been stymied by the lack of 3D options. Talk to anyone in a store, and they think what you have is just one step beyond a gramophone.

I also get annoyed by the fact that every product you like in a store, seems to disappear. Our shampoo, which we have bought for at least 15 years suddenly completely changed its packaging. We needed an employee to help us find it.

Lastly (remember to get off my lawn), I am greatly annoyed by computer programs, and phone upgrades which appear when you are comfortable with what you have been using for years and are no better, just different, and you have to learn all over again.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Similar to learning how new gadgets work, when you got used to the old ones- how about grocery stores completely changing what product is in what aisle every 2-3 years. This is both annoying and baffling to me. Why change where stuff is in grocery stores, just for the sake of making changes? This only pisses off loyal customers of that store.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Similar to learning how new gadgets work, when you got used to the old ones- how about grocery stores completely changing what product is in what aisle every 2-3 years. This is both annoying and baffling to me. Why change where stuff is in grocery stores, just for the sake of making changes? This only pisses off loyal customers of that store.
It’s a strategy that, although pisses off you and I, actually works. Over time, people learn the supermarket layout and spend very little time in the store because they know exactly where everything is that they wish to buy. There’s no incentive to browse. If the store goes and rearranges itself, now every customer has to spend more time in the store browsing, increasing the likelihood that they’ll buy more things.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It’s a strategy that, although pisses off you and I, actually works. Over time, people learn the supermarket layout and spend very little time in the store because they know exactly where everything is that they wish to buy. There’s no incentive to browse. If the store goes and rearranges itself, now every customer has to spend more time in the store browsing, increasing the likelihood that they’ll buy more things.
Also, I doubt it really costs them any customers. My market has done this a couple times, but I still go there.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I understand there’s logic to this, but I don’t browse when I shop, especially now (I make sure I wear a mask for the shortest time that I can- I still despise wearing the mask).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Blu Rays that won’t auto resume and require the user to navigate to the spot where the user stopped watching.

Streaming shows that don’t have a skip intro button. When watching 2 or more episodes, I don’t want to watch the intro crap again. Deep Space 9 on Amazon is like this. Discovery also, though they have one of the best credit sequences.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Joe Namath does. His medicare insurance commercials are on constantly. He comes across as a huckster. Give it up Joe.

This kind of thing saddens me. Growing up San Diego I was an AFC fan so I was delighted when the jets won. Now Joe has become a huckster, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks