What's new

Directors What Actor or Actress Bothers You? (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The 4 that annoy me the most:

Adam Sandler
Sylvester Stallone
Halle Berry
Bill Irwin

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Unfortunately, he's in a bunch of films I like, and two that I really like (Almost Famous and The Big Lebowski), but he (almost) always pulls me out of the film with his overacting. I think he's vastly overrated.

I think his very best performance was in Lebowski.

GregH

Agent
Bob [comment removed by moderator] Sagat? He's been involved in some pretty funny stuff.

Anyways, to stay on topic Will Smith, Meg Ryan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Hugh Grant...

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Neve Campbell--I (roll eyes, turn head) hate how she acts.(roll eyes, turn head) Doesn't matter (roll eyes, turn head) what character she is playing, it's always the same. Whenever she (roll eyes, turn head) has something serious to say(roll eyes, turn head) she will always roll her eyes and turn her head. It looks like some nervous tick or something. Very annoying.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Sean Penn Overrated by some, just can't stand him, seems to have a permanent smirk that pisses me off.

Penelope Cruz I find her unattractive and strangely annoying.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Woody Allen....I second that. What a whinny little bastard! I have never been able to watch any of his movies. He's constantly whinning about something. If I wanted that I'd go babysit my 2 nephews and get paid to watch people whine. Oh.......is he supposed to be funny?......cause I just don't get it.:thumbsdown:

JasonB

Agent
I can pretty much tolerate almost any actor/actress out there with one exception. I don't know why I hate her like I do--I can't explain it at all other than she bugs the living hell out of me:

Tea Leoni

Shudder---I'm off to bleach my hands for typing that name. :D

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
They have been mentioned many times:
Adam Sandler and Ben Affleck. I simply refuse to see Daredevil because of the way Affleck look on the poster. :)
For women, it's a tie between Sarah Jessica Parker and Drew Barrymore. Julia Roberts and Helen hunt are also very annoying. I like Cameron Diaz though. And Tea Leoni - she's hot! :)
Also, there are quite a few actor's I don't like because of their offscreen presence. Charlton Heston comes to mind, as does Sean Penn. EDIT: Forgot Woody Allen, he's pretty disgusting too...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Woody Allen....I second that. What a whinny little bastard! I have never been able to watch any of his movies. He's constantly whinning about something. If I wanted that I'd go babysit my 2 nephews and get paid to watch people whine. Oh.......is he supposed to be funny?......cause I just don't get it.
Well, I think that's his schtick: the neurotic New Yorker. I do love how his characters seem to end up with hot chicks, though. Suuuuuure....

Louis C

Supporting Actor
These actors you all are listing... they are not in even one film you like them in??? If so you must not own very many DVDs.

There are some that play irritating characters, but I give them credit (it worked, they are irritating as a character) But for my list, I am picking those that are irritating in EVERY role I have seen them in even when not intended....

So without further adieu, here is my "I can't bear to even watch" list:

Barbra Streisand - I guess it's that "entitled, pompous, arrogant, overrated singer-turned-actress-wannabe" quality coming through in all her characters

Alec Baldwin - Has that entitled, pompous, arrogant, self-important-yet-stupid air, sort of like Kevin Kline's character in "Fish Called Wanda" (Never, ever call me stupid!)

Will Smith - Every character he plays he acts like the guy from "Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire" to me.

Ellen Degeneris - Not funny (kind of important to actually be funny if you are going to be a comedian), and no affect (it helps if can actually emote with expression if you are going to be an actor). (She even spoiled "Finding Nemo" for me and that was just her voice)

John Travolta - Almost made this list, but he squeaks out cause I liked him as Barbarino.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
In no particular order:

Jim Carrey (He was pretty good in Once Bitten but should be smote for Ace Ventura, etc.)
Tom Hanks (Love him in a comedy, but his dramas fill me with a bile-spewing, hate-filled rage... Yes I'm talking to you, Forrest Gump!)
Nicolas Cage (If he plays the same morose character one more time, I may be forced to hunt him down)
Leonardo DiCaprio (I was hoping he'd become an ice cube more quickly. He made Titanic excruciating)
Renée Zellweger (There's just something about her face that screams 'slap me', which is put to great effect in Chicago)
Woody Allen (He has a special place reserved in Hell next to O.J.)
Denise Richards (Nuclear Physicist?! :laugh: )
Russell Crowe (the King of Sociopaths)
Adam Sandler (Ever thought of growing up?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks