What's new

Which actors or actresses should stop making movies? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This could be interesting.

What actor or actress do you detest so much
that you refuse to watch any of their films?

I have two actors in particular that I wish would

stop making films altogether....

Basically, these two actors have a lot in common.

They are what I consider to be "one hit wonders"

where they play the same lame type of role time

and time again.

I don't think Will Ferrell bothers me as much as

Jack Black, who single-handedly ruined the film

King Kong for me. Still will never understand

how Black was cast in such a huge film like that.

So, do any of you have similar dislikes towards

a particular actor or actress that you totally avoid

watching their films?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robins. While great actors, I can't stand every time they get the spot light they use it to force their political views down our throats. You're not special, we don't care what you think, just act.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
None. If someone wants to hire them and others want to see them, that's fine with me. Just because I don't like someone doesn't mean they shouldn't make movies any more...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's the movie and not the actor for me. For example, I hate Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore but I'm glad that I didn't institute a no-Sandler policy because he's great in Punch Drunk Love and Funny People.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Agree on Sandler. Don't agree on Ferrell he makes me laugh.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, Adam Sandler is tied with my top two choices

as well. Can't believe I forgot about him.

I won't even look at an Adam Sandler movie. He's
not funny....period!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm with Travis. Adam Sandler has been in some really stupid movies, but he's also been very good in straighter roles (Cf. films like Spanglish or Funny People). Personally, I'd be more inclined to avoid particular writers or directors than actors. And even then I don't think there's anyone I would write off entirely.

Jack Black and Will Ferrell have done some good work, but they've both made a habit of doing caricatures of a recurring shtick. There are only so many times one can watch the same thing, I guess. But I won't write off a movie solely because it stars someone like that.

While I don't care for the in-your-face politics of people like Sean Penn or Susan Sarandon, if they're in a good movie that's fine by me.

RIIDL

Grip
Real Name
Ben
My number one vote is the guy whose making those jack ass movies... such a waste of time of life!

Next I would vote JLo.... She should just stick to making music videos half naked...

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
You know what? My choice isn't someone I hate. It's someone I used to love. It's someone who holds a very dear place in my heart.

Harrison Ford

My wife and I watched "Morning Glory" last week and he slept walked through the entire thing. It was ironic how the character he played, a former anchor who's phoning it in to fulfill a contract, closely mirrored his performance in the movie. Harrison Ford has growled his way through every one of his performances for the last ten years. He's obviously over the whole thing. It's time for him to retire.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I agree with most here.......Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Owen Wilson, and Ben Stiller are all pretty grating to have to watch on screen. Ferrell and Sandler are the worst tho, I don't remember the last movie I saw with one of them in it.

I agree Chad about Harrison Ford, I get uneasy and a little embaressed ever since I saw the made for TV movie trailer with B. Frasier.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Will Farrell (Farrell has never made me laugh. Not once)

Seth Rogen (who has played the exact same person in every movie Ive seen him in)

Russell Brand

I'm also sick of John Depp and Robert Downey jr

To add to this. I hope Rob Zombie never makes another film.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Agree on Adam Sandler.....but I love Jack Black. At least some of his stuff. School of Rock is one of my modern favorites. He OWNS that role.

Sean Penn is another. Not sure I remember paying to see a film of his.

Seth Rogan is simply unfunny to me. I'm sure he's a good guy etc...but just don't like his films. He irritates the heck out of me.

Chris Rock too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Harrison Ford still has great potential if it's the right role. But there are a few.... If I never see any of the no talent Karsashins again it will be too soon. Jennifer Aniston is another good one. If you haven't even heard of 'Management' there is a reason. Holy cow. Kathryn Heigl is one of the mist embarrassing one note actresses to get gigs. Outside of Knocked Up, she's been awful. She has no depth at all. Ashton Kutcher is last on my list. Please go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks