What's new

what about accessories? any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
I was wondering what type and kind of accessories you all recommend. Im looking into a monster power home theater surge protector (can find them pretty cheap on ebay). Other than that im clueless.

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
Let me clarify this a little bit. I am wondering if anyone can recommend any accessories for the home theater that Im trying to set up. Sorry for the confusing post, im still new at this bulletin board stuff.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Well, if you are talking surge protector, I compared the monster vs the one i bought, the tripplite tlp810sat.
I dont know anything about surge protectors but looking at the joule ratings- tripplite is rated 2,398 joules compared to monsters mere 900 joules.
Joules - Joules rating deals with the maximum electrical energy that protective circuits can handle. A term that is used to rate surge protection equipment - the higher numerical Joule rating, the greater protection against electrical surges
Im not sure if I bought the TLP810SAT or the TLP810NET without getting behind the TV & looking, but they are similar.
I purchased from JANDR.COM when they had it on sale for like $30- took a while to get here but I was glad to throw some business their way.
Compare for yourself at :
http://www.jandr.com/JRSectionView.p...e,Product_Name

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
I know the joules rating on the monster power center isnt that great, but they claim to have some sort of audio filter that filters the crap out of the power. Ive read several places that these are supposed to be effective for cleaning up bad power. Anyone own one?

DaveJJ

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Alex, welcome to the HTF. When you talk about HT accessories. These are some of the things I have on my HT accessories list.
1. Biased Lighting
2. Sound Meters
3. Video Essentials DVD/Audio & Video calibration
4. HT speaker accessories
5. Audio/Video cables
6. Digital demonstration DVD disc.
7. Widescreen DIY Mattes
8. Audio/Video Remote control units
9. Video game
10.Power Conditioners
11.HT furniture & accessories
I hope this helps!
DaveJJ:):):):)Have Fun Guys! My HT

HankM

Second Unit
Alex,

My Mits rptv and Scientific Atlantic Explorer 2000HD cable box are plugged into a Monster Power HTS1000. This has Stage 2 filtering. I noticed a very small increase in clarity on my cable feed but it help reduced some hum in my system. My new Mondial MAGIC box should take care of the rest.

My other audio gear is plugged into PS Audio power products, expensive but well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks