What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/23 (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, the Serpant and the Rainbow is AWESOME. One of Wes Craven's best films IMHO. $10 is a steal :) (hope the DVD is good)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I was really shocked by the price on Shogun. After seeing the Amazon price, I kinda expected Best Buy would not only have it advertised but in the $50-$60 range. My dad really wanted this one for his birthday so I helped my mom order it from Amazon.ca and got it for around $50 (expedited intl shipping) with one of the $10 CAD coupons floating about.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know they difference between the version of They Live? I have two of the OOP one, and I don't know if anything is different.
Mostly the fact of anamorphic widescreen, I believe. If there's any other differences, I don't know. And that's because I haven't been paying attention! :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just called my local BJs wholesale club and asked about Smallville. They say they will be getting it in and for $44.99. So, better than some other B&Ms and online, but not as good as the other wholesale clubs. Maybe WalMart will come through with a better price closer to their Sam's Club price.

Neil

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I know normally we don't post online prices in this thread, but since Dave mentioned Best Buy's Smallville online price was 43.99, I thought I'd mention this one since the price disparity is so high:

Amazon.ca (Canadian) has Smallville S1 for $49.99 canadian, and you can easily find a $10 coupon if you do a search for Amazon.ca coupons, so even with expedited shipping (the middle option) it comes to $50 Canadian shipped, which is $38 U.S. - that's how I ordered mine.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the amazon.ca pointer.

So, why is amazon.ca selling Smallville for 37% off while amazon.com is selling it for 30% off? I guess weirdness between two branches of the same company is fruit for another thread.

Neil

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Neil,

I believe because the exchange rate is like it is (.75 CA=1.0 US approx) that charging full price for one of these season sets starts approaching ridiculous money in Canada. I've noticed the MSRPs are lower (once you convert) in Canada than in the U.S. for most season box sets (regular DVDs are hit-n-miss). Smallville MSRPs for $69.99 US and so the MSRP in Canada would be about $94, which is a tad bit much for a TV show.

As far as why the % off MSRP is different - I have no idea.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I've turned up a big zero on amazon.ca $10 coupons.
Patrick, have you tried CANADATELUSM and MAPCARTEFRAN (both $10 off $50)? The only other coupons right now are CANADASKY535 ($5 off $35), MAPSHAWSPEED ($5 off $30) and MAPSAVESCAD5 ($5 off $?)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Do those codes work if it's $49.99 plus $9.99 shipping?

A few clicks later...

Yes it does! (at least the second code listed). Much grass.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Do those codes work if it's $49.99 plus $9.99 shipping?

A few clicks later...

Yes it does! (at least the second code listed). Much grass.
Your welcome. The codes work on the final cost (with shipping) as you found out.

One tip for Amazon.ca: Always go with the expedited intl shipping. On one dvd, the difference is $1 CAD and it makes the difference of waiting one week or more to waiting overnight. My last two orders with expedited shipping went from Toronto to Tulsa in less than 24 hours.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay, some follow-ups:

Best Buy's price on Smallville rings up in-store (in my local store, anyway) at $49.99; he sees the BB.com price of $43.99 and recommended me to buy it online and do an in-store pickup. You don't get RewardZone points for that, though. :frowning:

Wal-Mart prices near me: Smallville $47.48 :frowning: ; $12.34 for Babe (may not have it though), and $15.18 each for Holes, Daddy Day Care, and Killer Tomatoes. Nothing else is "guaranteed" to be in-stock.

Looks like I'll just head to Costco for Smallville at $42.99!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Best Buy's price on Smallville rings up in-store (in my local store, anyway) at $49.99; he sees the BB.com price of $43.99 and recommended me to buy it online and do an in-store pickup. You don't get RewardZone points for that, though.
true you don't get the reward points but you only have to spend $44 and you save $6 off the price of the storeprice. if you buy in store you pay $50 towards the $5 coupon and you still have to spend $75 more and you only get $5 back.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
David Williams, thanks for the tip on international shipping from amazon.ca -- I changed my pending order for Life of Brian/Back to the Future and it did indeed add only $1CAD and change the expected arrival date (still October/November because of the backlog of orders on Life of Brian -- ships in 3-5 weeks, grrr).

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Those of you who live in the western US may want to check your local Fred Meyer for Shogun. The Spokane, WA ad lists it for $59.99.

John Stockton

Second Unit
I went to my local Frys to pick up Babe "Pig Pack" but I noticed that only the first movie has the Widescreen sticker on the side of the box. The second film did not mention anything about being widescreen so I did not pick it up. Does anyone know if the second one is also widescreen??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks