What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-11-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss /t/323600/weekly-roundup-9-11-2012#post_3972602
Mike, my review of The Ring was added tonight and can be found here.

Thanks as always for the Round up!

And now there's a link in the OP. Thanks, Neil!

Ack! I see Matt put up a review of Girl in Progress, too. I'm off to add that link to the OP, too. Thanks to both of you!

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
I guess the ABC TV coupons were limited in number. I tried to get one for Castle s4 yesterday, and the only one that came up was 'Canada only', along with US and Canada coupons for Private Practice and last weeks coupons. I thought it might be a glitch they would fix after the weekend, but when I checked this morning it's worse... there's only one coupon for Private Practice 'Canada only', and no Castle coupon at all.
Big bummer...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Jeepers Creepers was a decent monster flick, but the director is well known for having taped himself molesting a 12-year-old actor on one of his early features (for which he did prison time). I find it bizarre that they've decided to focus on him in the ads for his new movie.
(Also: "Directer?")

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Aaron Silverman said:
Jeepers Creepers was a decent monster flick, but the director is well known for having taped himself molesting a 12-year-old actor on one of his early features (for which he did prison time). I find it bizarre that they've decided to focus on him in the ads for his new movie.
(Also: "Directer?")
The crime was well-known and discussed at the time the JC films came out and were successful. Apparently, the producers feel that several more years down the line, it's a small risk to try and connect their film to another relatively successful horror franchise.
Their graphic designer does need to run a spell-check, though.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Sigwolf said:
I guess the ABC TV coupons were limited in number. I tried to get one for Castle s4 yesterday, and the only one that came up was 'Canada only', along with US and Canada coupons for Private Practice and last weeks coupons. I thought it might be a glitch they would fix after the weekend, but when I checked this morning it's worse... there's only one coupon for Private Practice 'Canada only', and no Castle coupon at all.
Big bummer...
Just checked and printed USA coupons for Castle S4. Did not see an option for a Canada coupon. Saw both USA & Canada coupon options for Private Practice. So, I'd check again to see if the Castle USA coupon shows up for you.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Jason_V said:
Just like the other Spartacus releases, I'm sure the Black Friday price will be $9.99...that's what I'll wait for.
Don't recall such a great price being offered by Best Buy during Black Friday for the Spartacus releases. Checked the prior 2 years's ads online and saw 2010's price was $24.99 for the blu/$19.99 for the dvd while 2011's price was $18.99 for blu or dvd.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I could have sworn it was $9.99, but if the ads say higher, I can't argue with it. My mind usually doesn't mess this kind of thing up. Maybe I'm thinking of something else?

Many many apologies. I'm off the corner to spank myself with a wet noodle.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Amazon has dropped its price on The Big Bang Theory: S5 on Blu to $29.99...from $38.49.
Amazon dropped its price to $24.99, which matches Best Buy. (Unfortunately, I had already canceled my order.) If seems like Amazon has started to wait little longer before lowering their prices.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Al.Anderson said:
Amazon dropped its price to $24.99, which matches Best Buy. (Unfortunately, I had already canceled my order.) If seems like Amazon has started to wait little longer before lowering their prices.
Dang it! Only a few hours after Al posted this and the price is already back up to $29.99?!?

I went RIGHT THERE to pull the trigger at THAT price.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Dang it! Only a few hours after Al posted this and the price is already back up to $29.99?!?
I went RIGHT THERE to pull the trigger at THAT price.
It's still showing up as $24.99 for me.
And come to think of it, I seem to remember an article or two discussing Amazon and targeted pricing. The cynic in me thinks that they're trying to see how long they can keep a proce high before people cancel orders, and then how often they'll re-order if the price comes back down. It might have worked if I had remembered to place it in my wish list, and then saw the price drop. However in this case I was so ticked I just canceled. Amazon is really cranking the metrics these days to eke out every cent. (Did snag it for $24.99 at BB though. I'm not a BB fan, but since they're a walk across the parking lot for me it's not an inconvenience.)
And BTW Mike - thanks for the Weekly RoundUp!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm confused. I thought The Big Bang Theory S5 on Blu-ray was $29.99 at Best Buy.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that there has not been a column for Costco prices in many years. Just curious if anyone has seen the Titanic 3D blu-ray there this week? They often have the big mainstream titles. Thanks.
And I'm hoping they will have the Hitchcock and James Bond sets coming up. They had the earlier DVD sets.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DavidJ /t/323600/weekly-roundup-9-11-2012/30#post_3973467
I'm confused. I thought The Big Bang Theory S5 on Blu-ray was $29.99 at Best Buy.

It is...unless you're Al Anderson.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Al.Anderson said:
Come to think of it...Al, where is Best Buy pricing the Big Bang Theory at $24.99?!?

Are you maybe looking at Amazon's DVD version???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks