What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/21/04 Star Wars Trilogy (authorized sneak peek) (1 Viewer)

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator
Just an observation...I went to FYE for my pre-order pick up on Tuesday, and the girl was struggling to do one for the guy in front of me (she had her manager help out). Then I said I was doing a pick up, she looked like she was going to cry and said 'I don't know how to do these,' before calling her manager again! It was about 6PM, and they must've had fifty of these sets stacked up behind the counter, don't you think they would've gone over the pick up procedure with the cashiers beforehand?

Oh, and there was NO UPC on the shrinkwrap.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:don't you think they would've gone over the pick up procedure with the cashiers beforehand?

They probably did. Some clerks just aren't fast learners. Try and get them to do anything beyond basic scan items, process payment, bag merchandise and they fly apart.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:Try and get them to do anything beyond basic scan items, process payment, bag merchandise and they fly apart.

Its not pretty. And whatever you do...don't let yourself get hit by any flying pieces.
biggrin.gif

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Take the following FWIW, but--I read on one of the other forums that at least one person had emailed Coconuts.com about the UPC issue and he received the following reply:

quote:Hello,

A credit has been issued in the amount of $15.00 on 9/23/2004

towards your original payment method in lieu of the rebate.

Please note that it may take 3-5 business days for your bank

to apply the credit to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

If true, then there may be some hope after all for those folks who ordered from Coconuts.com...

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
At the Coconuts where I bought mine, Pittsfield, MA, the clerks had heard nothing about using the upc from the shrinkwrap. Has anyone confirmed that this is acceptable? Please excuse me if this was covered as I have not been able to read every post of this thread. Thanks

James D

Second Unit
The clerks at Coconuts always say that you have to cut up the box. However, I have received every single rebate that I have sent in with the yellow UPC sticker taken from the shrink wrap.
smile.gif
To be careful, I would advise that your make a copy of the rebate slip, the receipt and the UPC sticker in case you have to resubmit the rebate.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Update on my last post regarding the possibility of getting a credit in lieu of a rebate from Coconuts.com (I did say that said post should be taken for FWIW)--apparently, a few other folks were given the "rejection" mail, which basically stated that they were out of luck...
frown.gif

Sounds like one would need to keep trying until one gets a customer service person more amenable to giving a credit instead of the rebate...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Coconuts did tell me that if I do refuse the shipment from the USPS that I will not have to pay the return shipping charges. So, I am hoping to do that. Unfortunately it shipped on 9/21 and there is no tracking information available. It would really make this all that much more surreal if it was lost in the mail. (Strangely enough there was no mail delivered to our house yesterday ...)

Looking at the Coconuts site it seems they have loads of rebates on prerelease DVDs. I guess it is a normal part of their routine.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks