What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/2 (Gasp! Choke! MONSTER number of titles!) (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the Best Buy Stargate SG-1 discounts enact if you get multiple copies of the same set?

In other words, can you get the $30 discount if you buy season 2,3 and 2 season 4s?

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
I went to two Circuit City stores today and neither of them had the High School Reunion Collection, but they had the movies individually. Did anyone find the set at CC?
Sounds exactly like what I encountered. After a good 15 minutes of having an employee check the back and floor, I gave up. I ended up getting it for ~$35 at BestBuy after the $5 off coupon from AH. Later in the week I will try and get a pricematch for Circuit City's price.

Did anyone have any luck finding the new Carlito's Way at BestBuy? An employee looked it up and it wasn't in their computer nor was it to be found on the shelves.

And many thanks to Dave for putting together another monster roundup amidst so much going on this weekend. Enjoy the B-Day and your new DVDs!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
CC didn't have any Alias S1 season sets, or any copies of the Alias Recruited book that was supposed to be free with the season set purchase, so I dragged my butt over to Costco and picked it up there for $39.99, but without the book. I'm going to check back with CC on Friday to see if another shipment comes in before opening the Alias set from Costco.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, I dragged my ass to CC to try to find Sleeping With The Enemy for the lady of the house, and perhaps see if they had the HS Reunion box set.

No dice on either one.

Then I asked if they had the free DVD in the blue case that they're supposed to be giving away free with some CD purchases (meant to mention it in the Roundup but it got by me). No, they never got that in. They had some old promo DVDs that I could get instead, but they didn't know if or when they would get the advertised one in.

So I headed over to Target and still didn't see "Sleeping" or the HSR set, but at least I finally found Ninja Storm's #2 and 3. So I grabbed those, and just to spend more money I don't have I grabbed the two TMNT discs while I was there.

Sigh...spent all that money, and I *still* couldn't find the one release this week that my wife wants really bad. Next stop, Borders.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty clear that except for the advertised new titles each week, Best Buy, CC, etc., either don't get new catalog titles in stock, or else they sit in the back unopened and unshelved. :thumbsdown:

Jodee

Screenwriter
I called a second Circuit City today to see if they had Alias Season One in stock. Nope! Glad I saved a trip and phoned first.

I still wanted it for $39.99 so I ordered it of the circuitcity.com web-site since they have free shipping. I was happy to see that a few hours later I actually received a shipping notice!

I suppose I could have headed to Costco to get it for that same price, but I didn't need anything else at Costco this week, and I know I can't seem to go there without finding a bunch of stuff I didn't know I wanted. So by avoiding an unnecessary Costco trip this week I guess I saved about $100. :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I went to BJs last night and unfortunately they did not have Alias out there, even though when I called the other day they said they would. I doubt that they already sold out, I suspect they just haven't put it out. The local Walmart did not have a "beat the competition" price out for it. They only had a nominal ~$45 price for it. The Two Towers was still $14.43 there and so Identity. I have heard more and more good things about Identity so I might return for that later this week.

BJs did have one big deal this week - Outer Limits Season 2 was $43. I just did an online price check and it seems like this is definitely the way to go. They had a whole bunch of copies there of that. Maybe they'll have Alias out by then.

Neil

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I have heard more and more good things about Identity so I might return for that later this week."

And my recomendation to the list as I bought it blind and watched it last night. Way cool movie!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Also found Weird Science & Fletch Lives at BB.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the Best Buy Stargate SG-1 discounts enact if you get multiple copies of the same set?
I tested this yesterday, and got the full discount buying 2 copies of season 4 along with 1 copy each of seasons 1 and 2. I don't know how this will effect the bonus point offer for Reward Zone.

I do wonder what this means for discounts like Angel Season 2. A friend of mine is getting it and so am I, they might give the bonus discount with 2 copies of one season as well?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I found Sleeping with the Enemy at CC for $9.99 along with Alias at $39.99. Also, I've seen plenty of copies of Bat*21 at CC for $9.99

BB had Titanic, Tightrope, The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles.

Crawdaddy
BAT 21? was that really on a shelf at CC?
i'm surprised no one has replied to robert's note yet.
i havent seen this in any store
i checked amazon and it is listed as not yet released doesnt have a release date.
same on dvdpricesearch.com.

although it is listed for sale on bestbuy and CC.com.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
asking about bat 21 again before this thread goes the way of history.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This week's titles were devastating. I ordered Angel S2 online beforehand. Friday I bought Identity at Walmart.

Yesterday I finally decided that I would not wait for Season 5 of SG-1 to come out and buy 3 seasons at a time and so went to Best Buy and got Seasons 3 and 4 there. I also got the High School Reunion titles at Best Buy. I waited for more than a half hour for them to find The Breakfast Club hidden in a box in the back. Then I forgot to use the $5 coupon. So I had to back to the returns desk, returned Sixteen Candles and bought it again with the coupon. I must have been at Best Buy for about an hour after everything.

I then went to BJs. They still didn't have Alias down, but they got a guy to get the foklift to pull down the crate where it was being held and they got a copy for me. As they said on the phone - it was $40. I also bought the Outer Limits Season 2 for $43. Those BJs prices should hold for quite some time.

Neil

LarryH

Supporting Actor
When I went to Circuit City the 2nd, they had about 4 copies of Alias, but claimed to know nothing of the book "Alias Recruited." They looked for the book and could find none. The clerk said he would hold a copy of it for me when (or I suppose "if") they came in.

Went in the 9th and nobody would admit to knowing anything about the book or ever having seen one and the clerk I spoke to was off and has been ever since. There was no sign of a book being held for me.

I called the national customer service number, and although they didn't seem to know anything about the book, they found last week's ad. They then put the entire resposibilty for the books on the local store. Although they called the store, nobody there knew anything about it. The manager said he was off last week and therefore was clueless.

The national customer service said they could do nothing for me, as it was an "in-store" only offer, and the store is clueless. I really feel like I've gotten the classic runaround from CC.

I'd think twice before trying any such special offers again from Circuit City.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks