What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/2 (Gasp! Choke! MONSTER number of titles!) (1 Viewer)

Robert Wainwright

Stunt Coordinator
The CC near me said that the $9.99 ad was a typo and the mgr was yanking all of the copies of Gladiator off the shelf. Anyone else hear anything like this?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just called my local BJs wholesale club store and asked about Alias Season 1. They said they are planning on carrying it and will have it for $39.99. The offer of also getting a free book at Circuit City is tempting, but at the moment I'm leaning towards just getting it at BJs since it is so close to where I live.

Neil

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
(grumpy mode on) Thank you, Circuit City, for having the highest price on every DVD I want this week, thus forcing me to order online and wait an additional 2-3 days before I can watch said DVDs...(grumpy mode off)

Thank you, Dave, for putting all this together. Now go enjoy the long weekend! :)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Outpost.com has the best price at $38.99.
Howard, thanks for the heads up on Outpost. I just ordered CSI S2 for the low price of $53.94, which includes Second Day Air delivery
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:D

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Howard, thanks for the BD wishes! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Mack, it was good for a few laughs. Don't worry about it. Water under the bridge as far as I care.

Robert, that's a load of crap about a "typo"...it shows a picture of the whole friggin' box, for Chrissake! Start complaining and don't stop, or else take the ad to a competitor and have them pricematch.

Neil, that book just ain't worth it, if you ask me. Save a few bucks on the milage.

Here's a few prices from my local Wal-Mart store on tomorrow's releases...looks like I'll be buying certain things there instead! And mine's not even the cheapest Wal-Mart among HTF posters! (not everything will for-sure be in-stock, though):
$ 9.44 The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror
$12.34 The Breakfast Club
$12.34 Sixteen Candles
$12.34 Weird Science
$14.20 Kim Possible
$15.18 Identity
$17.08 Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
$35.14 Save by the Bell - Seasons 1 & 2
$37.98 Alias - Season 1
$42.74 Xena - Season 2
$43.68 Angel - Season 2
$47.48 Outer Limits - Season 2
$47.48 Stargate SG-1 - Season 4
$61.74 CSI - Season 2

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Quick question, didn't the original Outer Limits only run for two seasons?
Yes, so you can get the entire series for $80 at BB this week.

David. How does everyone know it is your birthday when you don't have one posted? BTW, if it is 8/31, we both have the same birthday.

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator
The CC near me said that the $9.99 ad was a typo and the mgr was yanking all of the copies of Gladiator off the shelf. Anyone else hear anything like this?
If its in print they should honor it, what a joke. I went to mine and the only one I found was Blackhawk Down. Then went to BB and they pricematched widescreen Catch Me If You Can and The Ring. Also got 4 of their 2 for 20 deals.Spent too much today.:)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Happy B'day, Dave!

Fellow virgo. Mine is sept. 12th. Day after 9/11 kinda sucks but hopefully it'll be better this year.

:) D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
John, the answer - natch - is that I mentioned it in a couple of posts. :wink:

David, the fact is that 9/11 is the anniversary of the day I bought my first DVD player! :frowning:

Happy Birthday to both of you!

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
David,

You know you're an addict when...

You know the anniversary of when you bought your equipment.

I know why you remember, I remember lots of things about that day too, just thought it was funny... since I remember the day I bought my tv, receiver, speakers, and DVD player. I guess you're beyond help when you throw them a party.;) :D So disguise it as a party for yourself. Happy birthday, man!

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Just called The Disney Store and checked on RFWM and ETWM and was told they did not have them in yet and it might not be till the end of the week. You would think Disney would make sure that a store named after them would get titles in on release date but I guess not. The Disney Store web site lists a price of $15.99 for them but the lady I talked to said the computer was listing a price of $19.99 so who knows what the price will really end up at.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I just picked up Alias, CSI S2 & Stargate S4 @ Costco. while it does say $44.99 for stargate on costco's website the set was once again priced at $39.99 in store when i bought it. The prices on the other two item's were same as listed here.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
What a crushing week...not that many titles, but the expensive TV sets really add up in a hurry.

For the bargain hunters, Overstock.com has Angel S2 at $36.89; North American DVD has CSI Season 2 at $49.99.

The Don Knotts discs seem to be cheapest at Deep Discount DVD, at under $10 a throw. Nice!

Sorry to veer offtrack to online sales, but this week the pennies are squealing as I have to pinch them all!!

Thanks for the monster update, David! :)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Anyone know of a B&M store that is selling the 2-disc "Boyz 'n the Hood" for less than Target's $19.99?

Thanks!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Costco had the four Disney titles for $13.99. No great bargain for Absent-Minded Professor, but a great price for the other three.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I can confirm that $13.99 at Costco, after literally having to lift one box of DVDs off of another to find Apple Dumpling Gang. A word to the wise, they only had about 4 of that title at my Costco, and they were not easy to find!

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave!

I picked up the Alias S1 box set & book ($39.99), Entrapment ($8.99), 12 Monkeys ($9.99) at Circuit City. And I also got Identity ($15.99), The Mask of Zorro Superbit ($10.00), and Weird Science ($7.99 w/ $5 off coupon)at Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks