What's new
World Wide Stereo

Weekly RoundUp 8-7-2012 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by GregK /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012#post_3958513
To add to the review of TRANSFORMERS 3, I've read that up to 40% of the movie was 2-D to 3-D converted.
Shortly after the 3-D Bluray came out, I had found it at a local Disc Replay for $15. I quickly realized why someone did a quick sell on this one. To this day, I still miss that $15 ...

To add even further to that, there is an extensive thread on AVS about how this disc has a mastering error, where the brightness drops significantly around the 40 minute mark, and remains that way for the rest of the movie. I don't think the error was ever acknowledged by Paramount.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012#post_3958829
Next week is a huge Video Game release week, if I remember right it's also big on Blus too, correct?

"Big" is a pretty subjective adjective, Sam!

I just took a look at next week's list. Quantity-wise...things look pretty normal. But there is one particular title which will be grabbing an awful lot of interest. Nothing else remarkable, however. You got something in particular in mind that you're looking for?!?

148f81c4_309732076db605e17e8a778584af4688.png

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Not really, I hardly buy anything over $10 any more. But I'm getting Jaws.
I don't buy new release games much either and I think I have 3 preordered for next week... Just seemed like a lot hitting at once.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
AND...there is now a link to Cameron's review of the new release of Full Metal Jacket in the OP!

These guys is busy!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012#post_3959054
Matt's review of Spaceballs now has a link in the OP.
Thanks, Mike! I wasn't even expecting them to send Spaceballs. I thought I was going to have a full day to begin watching season six of Dexter which comes out next week. Instead, I only got five episodes watched.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
which comes out next week. Instead, I only got five episodes watched.
Back to the basement with you! If you pass Cameron on the way, go ahead and give him a high-five! But keep moving!

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Bill Thomann said:
Getting Adventures In Babysitting with U&S. Also Lorax 3D. Will BB allow a Target pricematch & U&S which'll knock Lorax3D down to $19.99? Thanks as always for the roundup.
Tried this during a previous U&S promotion, and BB's computer wouldn't allow it. The person at customer service did the PM for me, which knocked $3 off the blu-ray's price, but when they applied the U&S coupon, it only shaved an extra $2 off, effectively making the total savings $5, which you'd get just using the coupon.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Thanks, Mike for the roundup this week. I'll be getting Adventures in Babysitting for my wife. She has a birthday coming and this will make a good "smaller present" for her.
And thanks to Roland, I jumped all over the $15 3d titles at Best Buy even though I don't have a 3D TV. I picked up Hugo, TinTin, Kung Fu Panda and Ice Age 3. For a little more than the 2d versions, or in some cases a little less, I can enjoy the movies now and be prepared for the future in case I ever get a 3D television. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Is the Transformers 3 mastering error just on the 3D disc? I don't remember noticing that on the 2D disc.
FWIW, I liked the movie. It was probably the best of the three.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012/30#post_3959383
Is the Transformers 3 mastering error just on the 3D disc? I don't remember noticing that on the 2D disc.
FWIW, I liked the movie. It was probably the best of the three.

I thought I knew you, man.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wanted to like those films so bad...well, because of "giant battling robots!"

But I got completely confused because I couldn't tell the giant battling robots apart or figure out which ones were good and which ones were bad.

I could figure out Megan Fox...and that was about it. And it was nearly enough.

The moral of the story is: I guess I'm too old for giant battling robots but not too old for Megan Fox. Well, I'm sure I'm too old for Megan Fox...but you know what I mean...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
BB online says backordered. was going to do U&S on this one, but has anyone seen it in store?
Assume you are talking about Clue? No, but like Romy & Michele it has an 8 digit SKU on teh BBY website which usually indicates it's an
on-line only title. In-store Bluray titles almost always have a 7 digit SKU.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy in my area didn't have Clue in stock. It's probably the first time in a year that I looked for a smaller catalog title in-store and it just reinforced why I shouldn't bother to use anything other than Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks