What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-7-2012 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There's a joke there just waiting to get made.

The Best Buy in my area didn't have Clue in stock.

I was tempted by the High Fidelity and Romy and Michele at Costco, but couldn't justify it knowing the price would inevitably drop to the $10 range. I can wait for that to happen. I would have done the U&S at Best Buy, but there weren't any copies in-store.

Costco also had a number of WB Blu-ray DigiBooks for $10.99.

Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)
Malcolm X
King Kong (1933)
Dirty Harry
A Star is Born
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012/30#post_3959671
Costco also had a number of WB Blu-ray DigiBooks for $10.99.

Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)
Malcolm X
King Kong (1933)
Dirty Harry
A Star is Born
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Man, I would love to find those two somewhere in that price range. I've already got Dirty Harry...but I might even spring for the rest at that price depending upon my mood at the time.

I've got no Costco in my area...but maybe this group will show up in other places at this pricepoint?!?

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Didn't see those WB titles at my Costco (Van Nuys CA) but they had a different assortment for 8.99, that had stuff like Unforgiven, all single disc titles.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sam Posten said:
I'll check Christiana DE for you today Mike.
That was where I took the pic I posted in the other topic.
4af1b279.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
But I would be interested in what you see today as well.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012/30#post_3959383
Is the Transformers 3 mastering error just on the 3D disc? I don't remember noticing that on the 2D disc.
FWIW, I liked the movie. It was probably the best of the three.
Yes. Only on the 3D disc.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
/t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012/30#post_3959811
That was where I took the pic I posted in the other topic.
You guys should be wearing red carnations when you go shopping so you'd know if you run into each other...or maybe some HTF bling.

Oooh. I forgot about Cuckoo's Nest being in the group.

Darn it! We need a Costco to move into this area. We just got a Trader Joe's...

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Our Costco has an incredibly pathetic BD supply the last couple months. That's bigger than everything they have, what is in that pic. I know around November it will expand greatly for xmas shopping but it used to be worth the membership to get discs there, but not lately. I need to speak to the boss next time I'm there.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those interested -- next week's releases
The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion Bluray $19.99 -- according to Best Buy leaked prerelease Ad
Sadly, by Tuesday the Upgrade and Save is over, BN 50% is already over, but this is a unique Criterion to be 1/2 off on release day --
for that matter just a unique release period.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm just shocked that my wife allowed me to buy all these digibooks.
Also surprised to have seen them at for such a great price.
its seems so random at Costco, one only had four of these and the other much further away had all of them.
I also saw theAmerica Lost and Found the BBS story, the Criterion that has Easy Rider and a handfull of other movies for about $62

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Mike Frezon said:
But I got completely confused because I couldn't tell the giant battling robots apart or figure out which ones were good and which ones were bad. The moral of the story is:  I guess I'm too old for giant battling robots but not too old for Megan Fox.  Well, I'm sure I'm too old for Megan Fox...but you know what I mean...
:D
No, the moral of the story is that your screen was too small for the giant battling robots! ;)
Jeff, thanks for the info on the mastering error.
It's time to buy Kong -- we just got back from NYC and my son is OBSESSED with the Empire State Building. The blu is still $26 at Amazon, but fortunately I need to hit Costco this weekend. Mine usually has a decent BD selection.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by David Norman /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012/30#post_3960114
For those interested -- next week's releases
The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion Bluray $19.99 -- according to Best Buy leaked prerelease Ad
Upgrade and Save is over, BN 50% is over, but this is a unique release to be 1/2 half on release day. For that matter just a unique release period.

Hmmm... Maybe that's what my upcoming RZ $5 GC will be good for, especially since B&N's been killing most coupon usages to get better deals during their Criterion sales. Not sure though if I'll have the GC in time for this....

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
bujaki said:
Upgrade and Save at Best Buy good through 8/11/12, per its Sunday ad.
Yes it is. My post should have said -- by the time Tenenbaums is released the U&S will be over. I'll edit the post and clean up the terrible typos (it was the middle of the night when I posted)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks