What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 8-13-2019
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wouldn'tja think Amazon would want to list Avengers: Endgame on its site this week? :rolleyes: Just not sure how these "feuds" are a "win" for anyone.

I am REALLY excited about the release this week of The Professor and the Madman--EXCEPT that it's a DVD-only release. :angry:

Professor/Madman is the only definite pre-order for me this week. I'll be watching for sales on titles like WagonMaster and Port of Shadows.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking forward to this RoundUp for a while. Just the Endgame Target exclusive for me, but that's enough. Looking forward to an Infinity War/Endgame double feature.

Thanks, as always, Mike for all of your hard work!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Will get the Endgame 3D from Europe at some point. No issues with Amazon UK and Disney, all formats are listed there. Blu is 15 pounds; 3D is 20.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike!

+1 for Endgame. Obviously.

It's a little bit ridiculous that the Blu-ray release of the #1 highest-grossing film ever can't drop below $22.99 on release week. Just saying.

That being said, of course I'm going to get it anyway. $22.99+tax will still work out to be less money than I paid to see it in theaters because I went four times, so...yeah, whatever. I can't wait to watch it again.

As usual, I am not interested in any of the retailer exclusives because I want to keep all of my Marvel titles in (relatively) uniform keepcase packaging and don't want Endgame to look weird on the shelf next to its MCU brethren. So, just the regular Blu-ray edition for me.

Also, All is True is a terrific movie and I would encourage anyone with an interest in Shakespeare to seek it out for at least a rental. I don't feel the need to buy it right now, but it was great.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

Those early early Hitchcocks are well worth buying. I'll be getting Blackmail soon since I didn't get to review it. And Endgame is a must for those who have kept up with the Marvel Universe storylines.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the RoundUp, per usual Mike. I will pick up Endgame eventually once the price drops under $20. It's available for streaming rental later this week, so I plan on using some of my Amazon digital credits for a free rental -- I haven't seen the film yet.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks for the roundup, as always, Mike! I leveraged my DMC membership and ordered all 3 Iron man 4K releases and both Thors. Total came to $21 per title shipped. I can live with that. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why is this? I mean it is a brand new picture so why is this not getting a blu?
I've read there were some legal fights over the film between Gibson and the producers, so the studio is probably doing the bare minimum necessary to fuifill their release obligations just to wash their hands of it. It sat on the shelf for a couple years before it was finally released. It was actually released to theaters and digital at the same time and the producers did not report any info about theater counts or grosses.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am REALLY excited about the release this week of The Professor and the Madman--EXCEPT that it's a DVD-only release. :angry:

Professor/Madman is the only definite pre-order for me this week.

Why is this? I mean it is a brand new picture so why is this not getting a blu?

I've read there were some legal fights over the film between Gibson and the producers, so the studio is probably doing the bare minimum necessary to fuifill their release obligations just to wash their hands of it. It sat on the shelf for a couple years before it was finally released. It was actually released to theaters and digital at the same time and the producers did not report any info about theater counts or grosses.

This explains some things for me. I had noticed the trailers for the film on TV and the internet and such at right about the same time an acquaintance had told me that he saw that the film was available as a redbox rental. I couldn't figure that out. And now the home video release is finally here. None of it was making any sense. And a lot of it still doesn't.

And you'd think with stars like Gibson and Penn (and the positive buzz) there'd be enough of a call for a Blu release. And I "get" that the subject matter may cause some eyelids to droop, but we know how that's never an indicator if a film is going to be good or not.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I am seriously tempted to pick up Shazam 4k at Target for $20. The catalogue MCU titles and Endgame will have to wait til next week (along with The Black Hole) from the DMC.

Thanks Mike!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Just crossing my fingers that retailers like Target and Best Buy actually get some copies of IronMan/Thor 4Ks in stock.
My Target had Captain America 4Ks for $25.00

There was no shelf tag but Shazam! 4K rang up as $20.00 ...

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just crossing my fingers that retailers like Target and Best Buy actually get some copies of IronMan/Thor 4Ks in stock.

Purely anecdotal, but my Target had shelf tags up for all five releases, plus Endgame last night. Nothing was on the shelf, but the tags were there with open spaces for the discs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My store had exactly one copy of each in their reduced video disc section. I mean that section has been decimated in footage. So much so, I wish they just get rid of the section all-together that way people don't have to waste their time going there as it's so small now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.