What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/23 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[rant]Col. Flagg: We've got files on people who haven't even been born.[/rant]
[c] [/c]
Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, the week of the release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website...but it COULD still be in-stores!
I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a four-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!
Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE___________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_CostCo_SamsClub
Crossroads - SE__________$22.49__$19.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$18.48
Escaflowne-LE Perfect Bx_$149.99_$_N/A___$199.98_$_N/A___$_N/A_
Escaflowne: The Movie SE_$41.24__$39.99__$54.98__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Great Mouse Detective____$22.49__$14.99__$22.99__$12.99__$_N/A_
Kung Pow! - SE___________$20.24__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
M*A*S*H Season 2_________$29.99__$29.99__$34.99__$25.99__$_N/A_
Mad Monster Party________$14.99__$12.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Tarzan and Jane (Disney)_$22.49__$17.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$18.48
Thomas tTE-Best of Percy_$14.99__$12.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Thomas tTE-Cranky Bugs.._$11.24__$ 9.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Thomas tTE-Races,Rescues_$11.24__$ 9.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Time Machine SE (2002)___$22.94__$15.99__$16.99__$18.99__$18.48
Walking with... Box Set__$52.42__$54.99__$69.92__$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]
* EDIT: made some corrections to the Roundup
* Best Buy's ad states that purchasers of The Time Machine will receive a "Bonus DVD with the entire shooting script and commentary from the screenwriter, John Logan. In-store only. Mimimum 75 per store. No rainchecks."
* Best Buy will take $5 off the total of a transaction with a combined purchase of Tarzan & Jane along with any one of the following titles: Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, The Rescuers Down Under, or the brand-new release of The Great Mouse Detective.
* Folks new to the M*A*S*H season sets can pick up both Season 1 and Season 2 at Best Buy at the same time and save $10 instantly.
* If you're gearing up for the new Austin Powers film, you can grab the two existing films on DVD at Best Buy for just $20.
* Best Buy has a big sale on DVD players as well, if you need a new one.
* I know it looks like Costco doesn't have much this week. But experience shows us that stuff like Fox TV Box Sets and Disney films are found in-stores with them, even if they aren't listed at the web site. Check them out...I know I will.
* Target's ad shows "Low Price" on Kung Pow!, Tarzan & Jane, Time Machine, and $29.99 on M*A*S*H Season 2, and also $17.99 on Crossroads (everyone's gonna buy that one, right? :laugh: ).
* K-Mart has these titles for $19.95 each: Crossroads, Time Machine, Tarzan & Jane (with the last title you get a free box of Munch-N-Crunch!). $14.95 each on Great Mouse Detective and a couple of other Disney masterpiece DVD's (Rescuers Down Under, Fox & Hound), as well as on the 1-disc version of the Escaflowne movie (which is not in the Roundup; the 3-disc version is the one I chose to include).
The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
• Spy Kids $29.99 $19.99

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Also, at Target: Free Teddy Grahams cookies with purchase of Tarzan & Jane on VHS or DVD. 7 oz. bag. Quantity limited on free offer. No rain checks. See stores for details.

And also for Tarzan & Jane: I received a postcard-coupon for it in the mail last week from Disney. I believe it was for $2 off, but I don't have it with me to make sure. I'm pretty sure that I got this from them for sending in for the "free DVD with Snow White" offer from last year.

Thanks again, Dave!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Odd, I thought Speed was purpose to come out this week. Oh well, I just get M*A*S*H season one and two use that Austin Power deal to my advantage.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
speed is coming out next week. What is the price for Mash season 1 at Best Buy? Are season 1 and 2 both priced at $29.99?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Odd, I thought Speed was purpose to come out this week.
As Eric said, next week...despite me just now seeing it at a chain store I bought my groceries at, along with weedkiller and linens and stuff. You can figure out which one.

The Time Machine bonus disc appears to be a BB exclusive (try Suncoast and other BB sister stores, too).

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I got that $2.00 coupon in the mail also. so i will use that and the discount to get the tarzan & jane with TGMD. it should work out to $13.99 for T & J and $9.99 for TGMD.

not bad about $12 each.

Brian O

Second Unit
Anyone wanting both MASH seasons should check out the DDD.com thread. Both can be had for $40 delivered!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
David, the season 1 Mash Set was $23.99 last time at Costco so that's where I'm going Tuesday. Keep your Fingers Crossed.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
FYI... Amelie is $17.99 at Target this week (MSRP of $29.99... good deal!). Plus I get an employee discount ;)

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I think we are talking about the "back to school" coupons which are supposdley sitting at the check out counters at Best Buys and say that they can only be used on regular priced DVDs but people are using them to get sale priced DVDs as well. I did not see these myself just reading about them over and over and over again and knowing my luck I will never see one.....sort of like those famous warcraft coupons that were laying around in some stores.

-Eric

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My friend is definately working today, and tells me that they handed out the back-to-school coupon books at the door this weekend until they were gone! :frowning:
But she has at least 3 of the Warcraft coupon books, which she is holding with my DVD purchase for me to pick up later today! :D
I love excellent customer service like that! :emoji_thumbsup:
As a side note, MASH season 2 is at Costco for $25.99! :)

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Are people still finding these back to school coupons.....my girlfriend says that they weren't anywhere in the store. Maybe like Dave found out it was a weekend thing? Who knows....I never find those darn coupons ever. And to top it off they were also out of Austin Powers 2. Bad day.....

-Eric

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm beginning to think I really hate BestBuy and their $#%*&$#^%*@ coupon policies.
There. I think I feel better. :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, something changed!
When I first added the Best Buy price for Tarzan and Jane to the Roundup, it was listed at $15.99 at BB.COM, when I added that item to my shopping cart.
This despite a post I saw at DVDTalk which said it would be on sale for $17.99; I just thought that the post was wrong. After all, which should I believe, right? :)
Well, turns out BB.COM was the one in the wrong. When I went to buy T&J today, it came up as $17.99 after all. I plowed on ahead and got it, along with GMD, for the combo $5 off price.
I was just checking it out at BB.COM, and the DVD (and it was definately the DVD, not the VHS) in my cart still said $15.99. I have a screen cap to prove it.
Then I added a 2nd copy to my cart. A little pop-up window appeared, and alerted me that the price had changed. If it was acceptable, I should forge ahead and buy the stuff. If not, I should delete that item from the cart.
The change was, of course, to T&J...to $17.99. :frowning:
After a phone call to a BB employee friendly to me, our *guess* is that they mistakenly used the VHS price at first, and caught it between Sunday and today.
I apologize for the misdirection, but honestly...it's not my fault! :)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I bought Tarzan and Jane at my local Best Buy today, along with Great Mouse Detective, and Tarzan rang up for 15.99 before the package discount. Final prices per the receipt: Tarzan and Jane 13.49 (2.50 off 15.99), Great Mouse Detective 12.49 (2.50 off 14.99).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks