What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/18/04 (1 Viewer)

Jay*W

Second Unit
I picked up my copies of the 4 Disney Treasures at Sam's Club in Atlanta for $20.59 each at around 10:15. They had a distressingly small number of copies.

My recollection is that past waves at the Disney Store have been priced at $22.99.

Jay

GarySchrock

Second Unit

Here's an example of prices varying at Sams. The tins at my local sams club were something along the lines of $23.58. They had about a half dozen of each title, which I suspect at that store will last a while. Looks like my tins have gone into shipping soon at amazon, so hopefully they'll all ship from there. (And why is it that it seems everyone else gets things shipped so early for amazon, when even when I pay for shipping it almost never ships before release day?)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

And at Samsclub.com they were $21.47.

Looks like Wal-Mart is implementing their store-by-store pricing at Sam's, too.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas

Thanks for the tip! I ordered it for a total of $87.88. Great price;)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Anyone have the Fry's price on Around the world in 80 days?

Thanks - Steve

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Here's some random deal stuff. This is stuff the piques my interests. Your interest may vary.

First www.deepdiscountdvd.com has

Around the World in 80 Days at $15.89
Last Samurai at $15.89
Easy Riders Raging Bulls at $14.95 (don't think I didn't snap that up)

FYE (Strawberries here in New England) has those rebate things (buy now, discount later)

Mirace - $7 for a total of $12.99
Paycheck - $10 for a total (I think) of $9.99
Tourque - $10 for that same (I think) $9.99
You Got Served - Same thing
Great Escape and The Good the Bad and the Ugly for a definate $10 which nets to $9.99. Love Best Buy's deal, but went with the purchase here instead.

Also last week's rebates, which I have no idea of, although Scary Movies play a prominent role, also apply.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had an inside connection at my local Disney Store put aside the 3 of the 4 Treasure titles I wanted. The TDS price is $24.99 per title. That is higher than they were in the past. I believe they were $21.99 at TDS for the earlier waves.

I then immediately galloped over to Best Buy for the TGE/GBU deal (there were surprisingly few of them left) and found numerous Disney tins also priced at $24.99.

Yes, I caved on the BB deal for the two WB SEs. I will figure out a way to report back here to everyone my thoughts after I watch GBU.

I think the above posts from Gary & Jay cement that I will drop the Sam's prices from the RoundUp due to regional inconsistencies. Unless anyone here can make a case otherwise. Maybe Dave Lambert will weigh in.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
$20.56 each for the WDTreasures at Sam's Club in Gardena, CA. They had a lot of each.

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, definatley let us know how much you like GBU, I hope you like it as much as I did.

The case for GBU is alot taller than the standard keep case. I kinda wish that Schindler's List (which came with a book as well) had a case similar to this. It keeps everything together, especially the really cool mini international posters for GBU.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

It was $19.99, but since I had a Best Buy ad handy, a nice fellow entered that price on their computer and it will (apparently) ring up for everyone at $15.99. Don't know how long that lasts, though...

- Steve

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

How does that work again? You buy them for $20 each and then get two $10 coupons towards future purchases?

Wish I'd heard about that yesterday!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You buy each film for $19.99, send in a rebate form and copy of the receipt, etc. to FYE and they send you a rebate check for $10. That makes the final purchase $9.99 apiece.

Basically the same deal as Best Buy but with the agonizing wait built-in! :D

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator

If I'm not mistaken, the Best Buy deal is $10 off if you buy both Great Escape and GBU. That totals $30 for the both.

The FYE deal is $10 rebate EACH meaning the net (after the agonizing wait) is only $20 for the both.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Looks like CC is the best for SITC unless you buy more than 1 set at Best Buy. Just checked fye, they wanted $39.99 - $7 rebate.

Also does Walmart not give any extra discount when price matching anymore? Or is that a per store decision too. I checked at one and the checker said all they would do is match the competitor price. I thought another location gave 5% difference back (although not much of an incentive).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't think they have a standard percentage, but they are supposed to "beat" the competitors price, even if it's by just a few cents (i.e. their motto, "Always the low price!").

If they're just matching the competitor, then they're not truly "beating" their price, are they?

But I don't think they have a standard "price match plus X% of the difference" policy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Daniel: I stand completely corrected. You are right about the prices. And to think I posted those prices myself!

The extra $10 may just be worth the agonizing wait! :laugh:

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I remember buying the first LOTR collector set (with the bookends) at walmart. They wanted something like $70 and they matched Best Buy's $50 price and then took another 10% off. Later I think it was only 5% off for Star Wars epsode 1.

Also I got 3 checks from fye rebates yesterday for Cheaper by the Dozen, Matrix and Kill Bill.

ReaganG

Agent
The guys who make up the sales at Best Buy are very good at what they do. I went in there to buy just the Great Escape, but with GBU staring me in the face for ten dollars more, I caved in and bought it. I'm glad I did. The GBU set is awesome, especially the foreign movie posters. The Great Escape documentaries are cool too.

You can't go wrong wrong for $15 a piece. Especially if you have a reward's card and rack up some points. Luckily, the employees at my local Best Buy seem to be better and nicer than the ones you all have to deal with. I have to go try to watch everything now.
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
And maybe find a full time job if I can find the time :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Oy. . .I gotta check those rebates more often. Not sure $10 is worth an extra trip to BB (to return what I gots already) *and* FYE. :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Can these rebates be filed on-line? Or do you have to do the old-fashioned rebate form, receipt, envelope and stamp?

Even so I'm not sure it's worth it. I just got "Cheaper..." and "Matrix Revolutions" from Blockbuster for $10 each, nearly new condition. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks