What's new
World Wide Stereo

Weekly RoundUp 4/7 (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well Disney dvds are often difficult to ascertain the correct OAR for. At the moment it's still on my to buy list cause I'm hoping for some further indication one way or another, and I can't buy all of these in one week anyway, so Son of Flubber isn't being purchased this week, maybe next. But if I did buy it, and it was clearly p&s (which you can tell from the composition pretty easily), then it'll go back.

728x90

MikeSRC

Second Unit
WalMart's got a pre-order price of $15.87 on Matrix Revolutions. Does anyone know if that will also be the store price on Tuesday?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From the Standard Disclaimer of the RoundUp:

Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart prices in the standard Roundup: Wal-Mart sets prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart location. When it comes to Wal-Mart prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Mileage May Vary".

The details are always in the fine print! :D

One week, I think it was Alice and Wonderland, I happened to be in five different Wal-Marts in my area--all within easy driving reach--and there were five different prices for the one title. Wal-Mart also uses regional pricing schemes.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised to see some stores use Matrix Revolutions as a huge loss leader and dip into the $14.xx range.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Patrick! I will be picking up Matrix Rev at Bestbuy.

And that Matrix Box set will be out someday, hopefully with the W. Brothers commentary or some interview where they discuss the meaning of the film from their viewpoint, I've read tons of other's thoughts on the series.

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
The Circuit City ad lists No Doubt:The Videos coming out this Tuesday. But on their website and amazon.com it says that it is coming out in May. Which is the correct date?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
AFTER HAVING TO re-issue the absent minded professor you would think they would get this one right.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Great week! Too bad I dropped $1000 on a laptop on Friday night. D'oh! As far as I figure, I have $0 for the next two weeks, but these are all definite future purchases:

--Meet Me in St. Louis (I may just have to buy this one despite my lack of money; pissed off that there are no good deals on it this week!)

--The Grapes of Wrath

--Freaks & Geeks

--The Greatest Show On Earth

--Friends season 7 (Since I just sold all of my Friends sets, I might buy all 8 on the next season's release day and total get a deal!)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There was a Coconuts ad today in the local paper here in Connecticut. About the only DVDs of note were Matrix Revolutions for $9.99 AFTER $10 mail-in rebate and $9.99 for the Police Academy SE (as well as 2-7). I'll be heading there Tuesday for the PA SE. As always for TWEC's advertised sales, YMMV.

Mike, thanks for the good luck wishes. I just found out yesterday that Capital News 9 (where I'm currently interning)'s sister station in Rochester has an opening for my wanted position, so I'll see if I can pull some strings at the station to get something rolling on that. As 1 of CN9's employees told me a couple weeks ago,I'm already in the "Time Warner pipeline," so hopefully that'll help.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I believe Matrix Revolutions and Cheaper by the Dozen are part of the BBV $12.99 trade-in deal.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott_J: sent you an e-mail.

Sean: A few flyers and websites have this title listed for this week, but I think its been pushed back. Don't know why.

Don't know if anyone else is interested in this, but I picked up the 50th Anniversary release of From Here To Eternity for $14.99 at my local Circuit City today. Marked down on sale from $19.99.

Also, a few days ago, I picked up the Ransom SE at my local BJs for $17.79. I was quite pleased to discover that like the Splash SE, it, too, has a coupon good for a ticket to The Ladykillers (up to a $12 value). Helped me talk my wife into the purchase! :emoji_thumbsup:

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
With risk of sounding absurd does anyone know if the Britney Spears "In the Zone" dvd that's coming out this week has the video for toxic in anamorphic? I might just get it for that. *cough* I mean, my friend my just get it for that.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Alex: For your "friend", from Amazon.com: :D

Why the above is in French is beyond me. Like I said, the info was from amazon.com not amazon.ca or amazon.fr But, anyway, I think the information you "desire" is relatively clear. ;) Although anamorphic is, I guess, still in question.

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Mike,

You do know that Ransom SE is nonanamorphic??

Anyway thanks for the roundup, just Matrix for me this week. Although I am HEAVILY considering the PP collection. It's a shame there is no Fry's around here since they are selling it for $34.99. At that price I would get it for sure.

BTW Mike I will have an answer to question for you this evening :wink: I just need to see how things go today.

Thanks as usual.

Greg

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Sad; did a search and saw Reloaded went for 14.99 when it came out.

A buck more for the movie that made the trilogy go out with a thud instead of a bang.

If I was a stronger person I wouldn't buy it at all.:)

The Best Buy bonus disc doesn't look any too special. I don't want to drive 40-45 minutes to get it. Was thinking about ordering it online, but what guarantee would I have that I'd get the bonus?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

I must have missed the Fry's ad. Let me think....PP collection for $35....put the old disks for PP and SITD into the new package....put the new disks for PP and SITD into the old keepcases....eBay the collection for $30....sounds like a winner. :b

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Boy, could I have been a hero to my son today! I went in to a local Mom & Pop video shop to scan their previously-viewed selection and there for either rental OR purchase--Matrix Revolutions!

But, (and this is their standard price for new releases) it was priced at $22.95. :frowning: Hmmmmm. Spend $7 or $8 more for the privilege of having it a day early.....or rent it for $4 (Hot/2 day rental).... all to make my son the happiest camper on Earth???

Nah. ;) I'll just wait till tomorrow. He's already "blocked out his schedule" for tomorrow night so that I can see it before I go in for some surgery Wednesday. The kid has never scheduled anything before in his life...except maybe to go to bed early on Christmas Eve. :D I think he's being quite considerate to his old man--knowing how I wouldn't want to wait to see this epic. :rolleyes

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
has anyonr tried to pricematch the 2 for 1 at
toys r us, anywere yet, bestbuy or cicuit city?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks