What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11/30/04 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Spider Man 2...maybe the superbit, maybe not.

If I get the SB, it means I hafta get the first one in SB too. Ugh, choices. :)

God, RotK is coming soon, with Top Gun...and to think I told the parents not to get me any movies for Christmas. :frowning:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i already ordered the spidey gift box and p planned on getting the spidey 2 SB, but now that i see the extra disc is only on the reg dvd of spidey 2 i guess i'll be getting that and have an extra copy of spidey 2 to sell.

anyone?

oh and DD dir cut.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
A small week, but not weak at all. I will probably get Spider-Man 2 and some holiday dvd (Grinch maybe? :D) unless I find out if TRU Calling is any good or not. Thinking about getting that as a blind buy, which past experiences doing that were great (bought 24 as a blind buy, and liked the first season).

Thanks for the round up Mike, and I hope your eye gets better (since the ^ appears as the only thing on some posts from you).

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Spidey 2 w/the bonus disc.
I sure wish A Christmas Story would come down in price. The one advertised is the P/S version and the SE is $20 online. :frowning: It's just not Christmas without viewing that wonderful movie.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

I would think twice about making Tru Calling a blind buy. It's....not very good. (shudders thinking about spending actual cash on a whole season of it) Honestly, if you can find it to rent, I would recommend doing that first instead.

Just buying Spider-Man 2 SB this week. Maaaaybe Spider-Man 1 SB, which is selling for cheap.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Day After Tomorrow, currently at all local walmarts: $8.88
Eternal Sunshine, currently at local walmarts: $8.88

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mike for ALWAYS doing a great job. I really appreciate it.

So the BB Bonus disc won't be on the more expensive giftset???
Damn, I really want the giftset, but want the bonus disc too. I hate having to choose if that is the case. I will probably end up getting them both, but will just ask for the giftset for Christmas.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Eric: I don't think Columbia could have made this choice much more difficult for fans.

And, to Eric and everyone else: Thanks for all your nice comments. It makes the effort all seem very worthwhile and very appreciated! :emoji_thumbsup:

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Gotta pay the piper on that one. It's worth the $20. I bought it last year for Christmas as I'd been waiting for the longest time for the SE to replace the horrid first release, and I've seen it many times since.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Gotta agree. After living with that awful P & S Christmas Story for so many years, $20 is not too much to pay for OAR and some nice extras.

I have been disturbed about the creeping-up of opening week "sale prices" on other titles. It's reached the point where I'll wait for some titles to hit the $2 for 20 list. Case in point: I wanted both Master & Commander and Last Samurai, but not enough to pay the inflated "sale" prices. I waited about 2 months & got 'em on a '2 for $20' sale at CC.

I am starting to believe that DVDs have gone the way of CDs. It may cost only a couple of dollars to get a CD to the stores, but the marketers know what price we have consider comfortable. Anything that opens at $20 & isn't a very special title or multiple disc deal gets passed on by me. I rarely get to watch them the first few days anyway. We need to let the studios & distributors know that they need us more than we need them.

John Gido

Second Unit
I remember getting "A Christmas Story" last year from Target for $17.99 and it included a miniature Ralphie bobble head complete w/rifle. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
how does sony know that there are lunatics like me who are craZY enough to buy the SB, the gift set and the reg version at bestbuy only because it has a stupid extra exclusive dvd inside?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Maybe its the Spidey logo in your sig that tipped-off the Sony execs?!?! :D

Its okay Tony. The Disney execs saw me coming and I own the Ultimate Toy Box!

John Gido

Second Unit
FYI, none of the Target stores in New Jersey have the Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison Collection on release day (11-30). Seems that they received an e-mail stating that they would not be in on that day. Funny how they also have the lowest B/M price on this set.

Looks like I'll have to PM at CC (as long as they don't call Target to verify).

Matt.K

Agent
Went to two different Target stores today, both only had the fullscreen version of Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison. Then went off to Circuit City to get the widescreen version of above and Spiderman 2 2-disc SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks