What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/19/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Nothing this week, and the wallet is thanking me.

Lots of box sets due out within the next few months so I need all the weeks off I can get (Matrix..LotR EE Box Set..Happy Madison set..)

Mike

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Ed Wood, yea! For a Deppy goodness Halloween showing of Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood and Sleepy Hollow. I'm not really into typical horror films.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I bougth Ed Wood when it was accidentally released by some stores earlier this year. Anybody know if it's the same as what's finally being officially released?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
quote:Anybody know if it's the same as what's finally being officially released?

Yes, it's the same with the exception of one thing. A featurette having to do with cross dressing was pulled off the disc. It was done at the request of Tim Burton. From what I have heard from people who managed to get the disc that was recalled was that the featurette was pretty much pointless.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi everybody! Thanks for all the great info.

Have finally added the CC Sunday flyer prices up above. If you've already studied, dissected, analyzed and cross-referenced the above grid and have entered it into your Palm Pilot for Tuesday shopping....here's the skinny:

--EDIT** Circuit City Sunday flyer prices have now been added. Changes made to 11 CC prices: A Cinderella Story, Garfield, Spongebob, Arrested Development, SCTV, Van Helsing, Van Helsing Coll. Set, Bionicle, Ed Wood, Hellboy, and Born on the 4th of July.

quote:Van Helsing (one disc, as 40 is too much for a second disc of stuff I generally seen how they make)

I don't think there are any additional features included in the Collector's Edition, Kenneth. I think its the same single disc Van Helsing with the addition of the '31 Dracula, '31 Frankenstein, and '41 Wolfman. In case that changes your mind.....

quote:I bought Ed Wood when it was accidentally released by some stores earlier this year. Anybody know if it's the same as what's finally being officially released?

I believe the 10/19 Ed Wood release is minus just one of the special features on the release that was pulled a few months ago. Most people seem to agree the loss of the feature (the name of which escapes me right now) is not worth getting worked up about. A quick search over in software will help you find the Ed Wood thread where this is discussed.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, looks like a great week! And I can't believe Ed Wood is finally gonna be out! Thanks Mike.

Ric

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
SO many disks......
frown.gif

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
quote:Well, Craig, your post made me double check. It's actually bb.com that has the $17.99 price on Creature. The BB flyer shows the Mummy for $15.99 and says the two other new Legacy Collection sets are both $19.99.

Yeah, I saw that in the flyer this morning. Still, looks like the best deal on the new Legacy sets. Although I still wish they had another box with busts like the first one...
frown.gif

quote:--Best Buy is offering $10 off if you buy Underworld ($22.99) with either Hellboy Director Cut ($22.99) or Hellboy Gift Set ($42.99).

Mike, you might want to add a clarification here, since there are 2 versions of Underworld. According to the BB flyer the deal is for the "2-disc extended cut" of Underworld. That's a pretty good deal, and since I haven't bought either Underworld yet I will probably go for it.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised that Costco is not shown as carrying Ed Wood. Wouldn't be surprised if it winds up carrying it and with a sizable discount.

Joel

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone wants to know, the Fry's Electronics stores in my area (AZ) have Stargate SG-1: Season 7 advertised at $34.99, and seasons 1-6 will also be $34.99. I would imagine most Fry's will be having a similar price....

I've been planning this trip to Fry's on Tuesday for a couple months! YaY! Stargate Season 7 is finally here!
smile.gif
I haven't seen any of season 7 yet, so what a treat it will be! (No spoilers please! LOL)

biggrin.gif

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
My want list:

Godzilla 5 pack

VanHelsing single disk

Hellboy DC

Arrested Development

Fraggle Rock -may wait for a season set.

Garfield -I'll wait until it's much cheaper.

I'm Not Scared

All 3 Legacy sets

Tom and Jerry

David Bowie Reality tour.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
As of Friday, FRY's in WA has a deal: 2 Columbia Titles for $19 ($9.50 each!)

There are 20 titles listed (I dont have the list) but there are some good ones of recent note.

I purchased the new RESIDENT EVIL SE, and ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO...

from memory:

UNDERWORLD

MEDALLION

SPIDERMAN

BLACK HAWK DOWN

FINAL FANTASY

DESPERADO

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
quote:I don't think there are any additional features included in the Collector's Edition, Kenneth. I think its the same single disc Van Helsing with the addition of the '31 Dracula, '31 Frankenstein, and '41 Wolfman. In case that changes your mind.....

There are three discs, 2 for the film & extras and the final disc has the vintage UM movies. Here's a breakdown I swiped from DVDempire (I'm 99% sure this isn't totally complete). It looks like the BB bonus disc does copy some of the content from the second disc (Anatomy of a Scene: Masquerade Ball is mentioned in the Uni press release for Disc 2, but I can't figure out if the Frankenstein Foyer mentioned in the BB ad is the same as the IPIX tour of Frank's *Lab* on Disc 2. I guess we'll see Tues.)

Disc 1:

Explore Dracula's Castle: Through an innovative 360 Degree self-guided tour, discover the stunning environments of VAN HELSING that you couldn't see in theaters.

Bringing The Monsters To Life: From pencil sketches through complete digital composition, the experts at Industrial Light & Magic show how the VAN HELSING monsters were brought to life.

You Are In The Movie: Experience movie-making magic through miniature cameras on the set that give you the actor's perspective on the filming of a scene.

The Legend Of Van Helsing: The evolution of the legendary character throughout film history.

Feature Commentaries: With Director Stephen Sommers, Bob Duscay, Richard Roxburgh, Shuler Hensley and Will Kemp

Play The Van Helsing Game!: Put this DVD into your Xbox console and play the first level of the stunning VAN HELSING game!

Disc 2:

Explore Frankenstein's Lab: Explore Frankenstein's Lab through a groundbreaking 360 degree self-guided tour that lets you discover the secrets not shown in theaters.

Van Helsing: The Story, The Life, The Legend: An in-depth look at each of the film's characters, original set designs, Industrial Light & Magic effects work and more.

Track The Adventure: Van Helsing Map: The secrets behind each fantastic set are revealed via an interactive map

The Music Of Van Helsing

Dracula's Lair Is Transformed: Time-lapse photography captures the transformation of Dracula's Coffin Room

Disc 3:

The Original Films That Inspired Van Helsing: Dracula (1931), Frankenstein (1931), and The Wolf Man (1941)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Hey Mike,

Are you sure about those prices for the Tom and Jerry Set? I have a Best Buy Flyer and it is listed for $27.99

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:Are you sure about those prices for the Tom and Jerry Set? I have a Best Buy Flyer and it is listed for $27.99

Will: From the RoundUp:

--Best Buy is also advertising a price of $27.99 on Tom & Jerry Premiere Collection in its Sunday flyer. This contrasts with a $19.99 price at bb.com and prices at most other stores. Target is advertising $15.99 Be careful!

Bottom Line: This is one of the greatest disparities I've seen on a single title. I gotta figure somebody screwed something up here. Hence the "Be careful!" warning.

A quick look around finds that BB.com seems to have now changed its price to $27.99--matching the Sunday flyer. It was $19.99 mid-week. Seems strange considering the prices at other places. I have inserted that $27.99, now, into the grid, since BB seems unanimous that that is its price.

Everybody is showing the same cover:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anybody have any success with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly over at Target? I have this title already. I was convinced to get it by posters here in the RoundUp the week of its release. I was not disappointed.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Wow, what a week! I'll be getting a big chunk of my Christmas shopping done this week. I'll be getting the following:

Creature /Black Lagoon: Legacy Collection

Invisible Man: Legacy Collection

The Mummy: Legacy Collection

Ed Wood SE

Hellboy: Dir. Cut 3-disc

Spongebob Squarepants: S2

Tom & Jerry:Prem. Coll. Vol.1

Van Helsing

I may also pick up Ren & Stimpy, after passing on it last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks