What's new

WB Classics and support for R2 (1 Viewer)

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
As much as possible (limited because of my preference to classic films) I try to support R2 releases. But especially with WB releases because they are so much better in R1 and sold in boxets and most of them also encoded to R2, I end up buying them the other side of the atlantic.

However, I found out that many films are actually being released in R2 just not in all countries. And as far as I can tell (I only own a couple of them), all in what seem identical releases to the US. This might be of interest to those who only want the odd title. Here's a list based on films available in Spain, Germany, France and Portugal but not available in the UK, all with many different subtitles.

In Spain only:

JOHNNY BELINDA
THE CHAMP
THE GOOD EARTH

In Spain, France, Germany and Portugal

FURY
BAD DAY AT BAD ROCK
BLACKBOARD JUNGLE
CAT IN A HOT TIN ROOF SE (as a two-disc set in Portugal for some reason)

In France and Germany

LIBELED LADY
DINNER AT EIGHT
LES GIRLS

In Spain and Germany

The THIN MAN titles sold separately

Does anyone know any other titles than can be added to this list? Thanks.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Available in France only is MOONFLEET with many extras, under the title LES CONTREBANDIERS DE MOONFLEET.

DIVE BOMBER is available in the UK but not in the USA. I don't know if it's available in any other R2 countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks