What's new

WB and the M-G-M Diamond Jubilee Collection Titles (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Will we see "San Francisco" & "The Picture of Dorian Gray" any time soon? There are other titles in the collection, but I'd like these two next since we have been given "Gaslight" already. ;)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I think Warner said a Gable and Tracy box set would be coming in 2006 so it's likely SF will be released then. I know the two of them were in BOOM TOWN but I'm not sure if they appeared in enough films for a Gable/Tracy set. That and seperate boxes of their solo titles would be great though.

Shawn Cornwell

Stunt Coordinator
I definitely want to see "Dorian Gray" on DVD soon, preferably with an Angela Lansbury commentary, as the film contains one of her finest screen performances. Also, it would be great to hear Lansbury discuss her MGM years, where she started her acting career while still in her teens.

FrankXS

Second Unit
What Warner/MGM Diamond Jubilee Collection is being referred to ? Has something been announced ? When will the Jubilee Collection be available ? Or is this referring to the huge collection of previously released Warner DVD titles that will be available as a several thousand dollar collection ?

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark

They were sold in yellow clamshells, with the lion logo on the front. A photo representative of the film was within the circle in the center of the logo. During that same period, films based on famous literature were released in maroon clamshells which looked like old books.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks