What's new

Wayne Brady Show: Destined for cancellation? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I watched this show for the first time last night (taped) and was very impressed by Wayne Brady. The show, however, was pretty dull. As a performer, Wayne is amazing. He's got so much energy and talent is freaky. The show, however, just doesn't work imo. It's like a tamer version of "In Living Color"... I just hope that after the cancellation, his career continues to do well.

Peter McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
I also believe it will be canceled. Wayne is extremely talented, I just don't think the show has any lasting power. As you said, it's dull.
Just my opinion though.
Peter

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
It was intended for a summer run. Not only has "The Wayne Brady Show" not been cancelled, but ABC's ordered 6 episodes to air mid-season, presumably anticipating that at least one of its comedies will fail.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
The pilot was painfully funny. Lots of really great bits. I noticed in the recent episode they tried to return to some of the bits from the pilot, but they weren't as funny the second time around - no real surprise that time.
For example, the pilot had the same "French-Canadian Boy Band" but they sung a song called "Damn Your Mamma's Hot". The surprise refrain was much much funnier than this week's gag about passing gas.
Ditto the James Brown routine. The first time it was hysterical because the parody was dead on and it had the element on surprise.
No question Wayne Brady's talented. They need to work on the writing. Hopefully more effort will be put into the next six episodes.
-greg

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I haven't watched this show, but I do stay up with the ratings... The Wayne Brady Show was been *hot* with a capital H for ABC this summer, so it's in no danger of expiring before every last bit of $$$ has been rung out of it (see 'Millionaire')

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks