What's new

WARNING!! Major Spoiler on Triangle commentary track on X-files Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I am very pissed off. To my displeasure on the track CC muttered Spender, who is Mulder's half brother
!! I can't believe this. I personally haven't seen any seasons past Season 6 so this is one mother of a shocker for me. I don't know exactly when we are told this during the course of the series so Don't anyone tell me. I'm really shocked at CC's disrespect for new fans. ARRGH! I am just really ticked off about this one.

~Kevin

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Whilst the XFiles is notorious for not just coming out and saying something, I thought this had been pretty obvious by then. At the beginning of Season 4 (1st episode) we are left with the clear impression that CSM is Mulder's father, and there is absolutely no doubt in Season 5 that Spender is CSM's son (Patient X, Red and the Black, I think).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't know exactly when we are told this during the course of the series so Don't anyone tell me.
Agreed that Carter should not have let that cat out of the bag too soon.

A relatively spoiler-free recommendation to all concerned about this, and it is NOT necessary to read my spoiler above to understand this:

Watch EVERY episode in the Season 6 set WITHOUT commentary, and THEN go back and watch them with commentaries. You'll then be all right.

My own "full disclosure": I do NOT own this set yet. However, I'm very sure of what I'm saying based on public knowledge of what is where on this set.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Whoa whoa David. I saw those episodes and I have no recollection of this revelation at all. I remember even being hinted at. Can you or someone else direct me to a certain scene?

~Kevin

Esten

Supporting Actor
Speaking of spoilers on the season 6 set,what about the spaceship on the beach
in the last discs menu?
That was sort of a big spoiler,considering i hadn't even seen said episode yet.:frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As I said, I don't have the S6 set yet. My recorded-off-TV tapes were put away after I bought S3, and it would take too long for me to find them and track down details. So, for an exact answer, I'll bow to anyone else who cares to check on this.
IIRC (and perhaps I don't; it has been a long while since I viewed these 2 episodes), it may not have been said outright so much as it was implied heavily here. And perhaps later said outright in S7 for those who "didn't get it".
Dredging up the ol' memory, isn't there a scene in the 2nd part where Mulder and CSM are talking alone, and CSM implies that "Bill's kids" were really his own? Isn't that confirmed in a different episode where it is demonstrated that Jeffrey Spender and Samantha spent time growing up in the same household for a while?
In the end, all I can say is that - as far as mythology arc episodes go - this 2-parter is the one that always stuck in my head as "the one where we were sure that Mulder was CSM's son...and Jeffrey's brother". After all, it is at the end of One Son that Jeffrey is shot, so there wasn't many other opportunities to demonstrate the latter! :)
I think it also goes back to the titles: "Two Fathers" = Bill Mulder and CSM; Fox's two dads. "One Son" = CSM had two, but got rid of one of them...Jeffrey, with a bullet.
Or did he? :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Esten, that would be bad, too. OTOH, did you check the "next time on" trailers? If it was revealed in an ad, and I think it was, then it's probably sorta okay to show in a menu.
However, they surely didn't think about that when they choose the menu's background shot. It probably just "looked cool" to someone, and they didn't think about or didn't care about spoilers. Better to play it safe than sorry! :frowning:

Esten

Supporting Actor
Dave,nope... it's not in the tv spots for that episode.
I wish the people that author the menus would be more careful.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Yeah I'm mad about that whole spaceship in the beach
thing as well. It was in the intro for every disc to boot. Seeing as how Biogenesis is the only episode I haven't seen...

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
But, if I remember correctly (and haven't gotten all the way through the set yet) the
spaceship in the beach
Isn't the big revelation there. There's much more to it than just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks