What's new

WARNER TRIPLE FEATURES (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I hope this bodes well for some of the lesser known classic films that I want on DVD. Mainly those early MGM gems starring Elizabeth Taylor, before those string of Oscar nominated performances starting in the mid-1950s. Would I like to see these fully restored? Of course! But I'd rather have them available on DVD, than not at all.

Andy

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
What a great idea! I'll buy a few of those. At least the "It's Alive" set. I've never seen that but just the ad scared the crap out of me as a child. Althought the cover seems a bit of a spoiler...showing the baby. Half the "scare factor" for those came from not knowing what the thing looked like. :frowning:

Anyway, biggest problem with this idea would be ones you already bought the single for. Of course, at that price.....

JerryKILL

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, new to DVD are...

John Wayne westerns:
Ride Him, Cowboy (1932)
The Big Stampede (1932)
Haunted Gold (1932)
The Telegraph Trail (1933)
Somewhere in Sonora (1933)
The Man from Monterey (1933)

Randolph Scott westerns:
Colt .45 (1950)
Tall Man Riding (1955)
Fort Worth (1951)
The Man Behind the Gun (1953)
Thunder Over the Plains (1953)
Riding Shotgun (1954)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I see Dark City listed with The Island of Doctor Moreau and The Hidden. I wonder what that bodes for the special edition that was supposed to come out this year.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
A very interesting idea by Warner. I'd still rather have each on a single DVD, I'm one that doesn't understand all of those who get worried over shelf space. I will probably pick up just the John Wayne and Randolph Scott westerns. The only problem is there will most likely be no extras on these. But I hope that at least they have the film's trailers included.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also picking up the John Wayne and Randolph Scott titles...I'm a big Wayne fan (and of westerns overall) and it's tough to find good-quality DVD releases of "B" westerns. I may also pick up the Eastwood one...haven't seen the film he did with Reynolds in ages.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Wow...great news about the John Wayne titles being released! Excellent pricing by Warners too. Six fun 'B' westerns for a little over $20 thru Amazon...

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am fairly certain that any of the films that have been previously released will use the existing masters. These are budget line releases. The double features that Warners released such as the Grumpy Old Men double feature
used the existing masters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks