What's new

Warner, I would Love to see ACCIDENTAL TOURIST on dvd !!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I know that everyone here has select movies that they want and that my request is not anymore important. But I have been waiting for this great film to be released on dvd, ever since I got my Panasonic A-300 in March of 1997. Every time I check a web-site like DVDFILE and read through the new announcements, I have my fingers crossed hoping to see ACCIDENTAL TOURIST (My #1 alltime favorite film) on the list. But so far I have not heard a single peep in regards to this film.
A few years ago you folks gave me false hopes by including it on your Movie recommendations menu on the ALTERED STATES dvd. I thought, "Oh Goody surely this must be a sign that a dvd is in the near future"
frown.gif

I am a little surprised that this extraordinary film has not yet been released on dvd, It was a modest hit at the box-office, It picked up several Oscar nominations including one for Best Picture. And in fact Won an Oscar for Geena Davis in what was her star making role.
I'm not asking for anything special here, A bare bones dvd with a nice new transfer is all it will take to please me.
Hopefully I am not the only person who feels that a dvd release of this magnificent film is long over-due.
Warner, Please consider this film for future release.
Thank You.

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see this dvd too! This is Lawrence Kasdan's best film and William Hurt's best performance. This movie is filled with countless great moments of humor and sadness.
The scene that always get me is when Macon Leary (Hurt) runs into his late son's friend, now much older, in a clothing store and must cope with the fact that his own son never got the chance to grow up. Hurt is brilliant in that scene. But until the dvd is released, I do have the Warner laserdisc (widescreen 2.35:1) to appease me.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
(Welcome, Casey--cool name :) )
Put me down for a copy of The Accidental Tourist as well. This movie thoroughly impressed me and I can't believe it hasn't become more appreciated than it has over time.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Reserve a copy for me!
------------------
thirdman.gif

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

Andy Sharp

Auditioning
Count my vote! The Accidental Tourist is one of my all time favorites. My Laser copy is about worn out. Heck, I'd take a bare bones new 16x9 transfer with DPL. Come on WB, you can release every piece of #$%@ Steven Seagal movie (sorry Seagal fans...), but you won't release an Acadamy Award nominee for best picture(how many of those do you have?). Heck, i'll buy 2 copies just to help sales. Please WB :)
Andy Sharp

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Yes count me in too. This has been on my wanted list ever since I started collecting DVDs - I do have the laserdisc but a DVD release would be excellent news!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yep; I would like this one in my collection, too!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
While a bare bones release would be fine, It would be a nice bonus to have a running commentary with Lawrence Kasden & novelist Anne Tyler.
The laserdisc I now find unwatchable. The transfer is very soft and mushy looking, Plus it's been cropped down to about a 2.00 aspect ratio rather than the intended 2.40 Panavision. Not to mention that it has laserdisc title cards at the beginning and end of each side of the disc
frown.gif

Accidental Tourist is one of those films that I like more every time I have seen it, and over the years it has moved past Empire Strikes back as my all-time favorite movie.
Hopefully I will make it to the Warner chat and be able to ask (aka: Beg like a dog) for any information on a possible dvd release :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'll buy anything with Geena Davis in it!

Sincerely,

John "C'mon, I find the lady attractive, and she must've given a Hell of a performance to get an Oscar" Kilduff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks