What's new

Warner: Bill Murray (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm pretty sure that just about every studio that Bill Murray has worked with has tried to approach him about doing an interview for one of his films on DVD. He has never contributed an interview for any DVD release of his classic films at all. He is most notably absent on special editions of "Ghostbusters", "Groundhog Day", and from Warner Bros., the "Caddyshack" special edition.

Well, I spoke to Bill Murray on the phone this past Saturday. We talked for about thirty minutes, and he mentioned that there is a film of his that he is very fond of where he would DEFINITELY participate in the DVD. This is a movie that Turner Entertainment (owned by Warner Bros.) has the rights to, which has never been released. It's a quirky black-and-white comedy from 1983 called "Nothing Lasts Forever" and also stars Zach Galligan of Gremlins, Lauren Tom of Futurama, and Dan Aykroyd. It also features a wonderful score by Howard Shore. Bill has a substantial supporting part as a lunar bus tour attendant (yup, they ride a bus to the moon).

Bill really wants this movie to be seen, and so does the director of the film. Whether in theaters, on television or on DVD, I agree, it's a wonderful film that only a few people have been fortunate enough to see.

So there you go, Warner Bros., a tip. Bill assured me, and I assure you. If you don't believe me, e-mail me and I'll give you my phone number and you can call me and I'll gladly play the tape of my conversation with him. Bill is known to be hard to reach, but if the subject is "Nothing Lasts Forever", he will call back.

IMDB link for "Nothing Lasts Forever"

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just got off the phone with someone else. Dan Aykroyd (absent on the Driving Miss Daisy special edition) would also love to see this movie released on DVD, and would love to help give this movie the proper treatment on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks