What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: The Opposite Sex (1956) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

John Skoda

Second Unit
I think we have to be a little patient. I received my 4/$44 order two days ago, which I thought was odd because they never emailed me to say it had been shipped. Then today I got an email apologizing for the delay in fulfilling my order (which they don't seem to realize has been shipped), adding "we are working to deliver these orders to you timely."

Things are little screwy at WB Shop just now.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I think we have to be a little patient. I received my 4/$44 order two days ago, which I thought was odd because they never emailed me to say it had been shipped. Then today I got an email apologizing for the delay in fulfilling my order (which they don't seem to realize has been shipped), adding "we are working to deliver these orders to you timely."

Things are little screwy at WB Shop just now.

Just remember that WBShop and Warner Archive are two completely separate and two completely different entities, though. I can't remember who mentioned it here previously (someone did and I apologize) but Warner licensed the retail arm to Araca Merchandise who, in this case, is doing business as WBShop. Any announcements of a replacement program will come from the archive and will have nothing to do with the retail arm (which I strongly believe is about to go kaput anyhow.)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The new master is on HBOMax with the stereo tracks. So for now I’m just going to watch it there and maybe by the time I’m ready to watch it a second time there will be a replacement. But I fear that the disarray Warner Archive is in right now with all the people they’ve had to let go, that a replacement won’t be in the cards for quite some time.

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
Now that Warner Archives is only available through Amazon, how and when will we be able to receive our replacements for The Opposite Sex? Anyone?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Now that Warner Archives is only available through Amazon, how and when will we be able to receive our replacements for The Opposite Sex? Anyone?
Warner Archives are available through other sources such as Deep Discount - Warner Archive will probably be handling this just like any other replacement plan.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So I officially threw in the towel on hoping for a replacement. I had to fix it myself. I ripped the high quality (legally-owned!) Blu-ray to my computer, did an audio capture of the HBOMax stream (perhaps not legal, but I'm desperate) and then married them together with Subler and adjusted the offset value to get a perfectly synced STEREO digital copy of the the new Blu-ray master.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
That‘s funny and it reminds me of once back in the 1990s when I was placing a phone order for Cheyenne Autumn (laserdisc, I think) and the CSR pronounced it Sha-Nay Autumn. I was dumbfounded that the person had never seen the word Cheyenne before!
Not trying to one-up, but my personal favorite was the time years ago when Deep Discount messed up several items on an order of Bob Hope DVD double features and I got to hear the service rep say, or attempt to say, "Monsieur Beaucaire" several times.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I've been occasionally checking for updates to see if this would ever get a replacement program but it seems like it had almost been forgotten about till you brought it up today. I wonder if the fact that this is a more obscure MGM film and maybe WAC just hoped most people didn't notice the issue. If it would of been a more popular title i bet it would of been fixed a long time ago. The WAC lay Off's and covid also might of contributed to the reason this just got swept under the rug.

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
I've been occasionally checking for updates to see if this would ever get a replacement program but it seems like it had almost been forgotten about till you brought it up today. I wonder if the fact that this is a more obscure MGM film and maybe WAC just hoped most people didn't notice the issue. If it would of been a more popular title i bet it would of been fixed a long time ago. The WAC lay Off's and covid also might of contributed to the reason this just got swept under the rug.
Ironically it hasn’t affected their plethora of new releases.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ironically it hasn’t affected their plethora of new releases.
Plethora? Do you know that word means? It means an excess, a surfeit. There is no excess of Warner Archive Blu-ray discs. There is an abundance but there is no plethora.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks