What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
bland.jpg

MR. BLANDINGS BUILDS HIS DREAMHOUSE (1948) New 2021 1080p HD Master sourced from 4k scan of Original Nitrate Camera Negative!
Run Time 94:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, MONO - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4x3 FULL FRAME
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: Classic Cartoon: "House of Tomorrow"; Lux Radio Theater with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne; Screen Director's Playhouse with Betsy Drake and Cary Grant (radio program); Theatrical Trailer

New York adman Jim Blandings is ready to say goodbye to his cramped city apartment and build, from the ground up, a Connecticut home with room enough for his growing family and dreams. All it will cost him is his time and money…and perhaps his job, marriage, happiness and what’s left of his sanity. Goodbye, Manhattan. Hello, comedy. As Jim, Cary Grant is a flustered poster boy for homeowner anxiety in this gleeful laughfest. Myrna Loy, her voice and line phrasing like musical chimes, plays Jim’s ever-patient wife. Louise Beavers is the sunny housemaid whose enthusiasm for Wham Ham saves Jim’s career bacon. And Melvyn Douglas is the perhaps-too-friendly family friend. “Drop in and see us sometime,” Jim says. Invitation accepted!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd have difficulty ranking the titles on my wishlist, but I do believe that this one would make the top 5. Very happy to see this.

I can't help but think of George Washington Slept Here anytime I think about Mr. Blandings (And vice versa). I hope there's a chance for that one down the road since it's just as good.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Can't believe I don't have the iTunes streaming version, but I'll certainly being taking the opportunity to acquire this wonderful comedy on Blu-ray. Will also be glad to give away my DVD.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Can't wait to see the beautiful colors in this release

grayish-yellow-green (not robin's egg or daffodil)
best-butter yellow
bluish (between rosebud and delphinium)
white (warm, not hospital)
healthy winesap/unripened jonathan red

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Can't wait to see the beautiful colors in this release

grayish-yellow-green (not robin's egg or daffodil)
best-butter yellow
bluish (between rosebud and delphinium)
white (warm, not hospital)
healthy winesap/unripened jonathan red
Uh huh. Uh huh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks