What's new

Trancas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
It's her ad slogan. I wonder if Blandings shared any of his commission with her?
Of course he did. Louise was part of the family.
Just like Ms. Beavers appearance in Imitation of Life (1934). Claudette Colbert couldn't have attained nearly as much wealth without her friend and business partner Louise Beavers. Having Louise in the family was like having an extra-lucky rabbit's foot.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ooooo! Finally! I was just discussing this film a few weeks ago! I can’t believe it and I can’t believe I missed this thread! Great news!

Reminds me of the time in the early 90’s when I sought out and found a used copy of Mr. Blandings on laser disc! That was a huge find for me.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
So many delicious moments. Lovely Myrna altering the design on a whim; plumbers refusing to visit ... all so real, and only the very slightest bit exaggerated. It would still happen today on every new build site. Which is why my architect friend used it to show new students every year.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
So many delicious moments. Lovely Myrna altering the design on a whim; plumbers refusing to visit ... all so real, and only the very slightest bit exaggerated. It would still happen today on every new build site. Which is why my architect friend used it to show new students every year.

The flower sink sounds like something Nora and Lucy would have done.

Too many bathrooms and closets.

Last edited:

ponset

Supporting Actor
Real Name
scott
Another Day 1 purchase for me.

Has anyone read the book by Eric Hodgins?

DreamHouseBook.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
When Criterion puts out a title controlled by Warner, they put out a master provided by Warner. In other words, there would be absolutely no difference in quality between releases regardless of which of the two entities had their name on the cover.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
When Criterion puts out a title controlled by Warner, they put out a master provided by Warner. In other words, there would be absolutely no difference in quality between releases regardless of which of the two entities had their name on the cover.

Criterion puts time and effort into their releases though, if they had done this we could of have had a featurette on the promotional give away of the dream house and possibly visit some of the 73 homes that RKO built all over the US.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Yeah, Warner put no time or effort into doing a 4K restoration from original elements.

I don't care about picture quality, as long as it doesn't look like it was filmed on potato I'm good. Features is what get's me to buy, especially classic films such as this one.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Criterion puts time and effort into their releases though, if they had done this we could of have had a featurette on the promotional give away of the dream house and possibly visit some of the 73 homes that RKO built all over the US.
Or you would have gotten the now-standard Criterion extras with a critic talking about the movie for 20 minutes, a biographer talking about the star for 15 minutes, and a radio adaptation (if applicable).

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Or you would have gotten the now-standard Criterion extras with a critic talking about the movie for 20 minutes, a biographer talking about the star for 15 minutes, and a radio adaptation (if applicable).

Criterion does try to contact cast and crew if they're still around, so they don't always have critics or biographers. Anyway all those would be great as you'd get here about the making of the film; which I always enjoy to learning about.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dray Crawford
Recent bookmarks