What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (3 Viewers)

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
Dave Lawrence said:
That's correct. Volume 1 of the 60s TV cartoons came out last year. Unfortunately, this year there's been no sign of a Volume 2 release.
The WA does fine work with live-action films. But really, really, really, really ,really, really sucks at releasing cartoons. That's why I dug up that Feltenstein quote.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I was really excited to see so many newer titles included, I got both of the Desert Songs, the recent Greer Garson films and a few others. I ended up with 10 MOD discs + the pressed non-sale DVD of THE FAN.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I just added another six titles to my Warner Archive basket. All were from the 5 for 50 list, and several had just been added to the list today. All good so far, until I try to buy them. Surprise! They all stayed at their regular price. When I called WBAC, a recorded message said that I was 59th in line, which seemed like it could take most of the morning. Any idea on what the problem might be? Anyone? And again, many thanks in advance.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Dan ... did you do as I did, and click over to Warner Archive from an e-Mail notice? That seems to be the problem. I just tried clicking directly onto Warner Archive, and got the 5 for 50 Discount after all. It didn't allow the SAVE5 Extra Discount, but I went ahead and placed the order anyway. Then, when I checked the Order Confirmation in my e-Mail folder, it appears that the SAVE5 was applied after all! Very confusing, but that seems to work. You might give that a try ...

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Nothing is working for me.

I tried calling WAC's customer service. They were under the impression that the problem was already fixed. They offered to take the order over the phone, but I told them I wanted to use PayPal, which can't be done over the phone. Hopefully the problem will be cleared up soon.

Update:

It appears that some DVD's that weren't included in the Black Friday sale and are included in the Cyber Monday sale. Unfortunately, these DVD's aren't working for the Cyber Monday sale. There may be more, but this is what I came up with.

Why Be Good? (1929)
The Cossacks (1929)
The St. Louis Kid (1934)
Devil Dogs of the Air (1935)
The Irish in Us (1935)
Boy Meets Girl (1938)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for the heads up as I added another 4 Cagney titles along with 1 De Havilland title for $47.70 Now my wish list has been depleted to only about 4-5 titles that are fillers and not essential ones.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
looks like many new preorders are up. however most are titles that were formerly pressed. still hoping for the naked and the dead.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I see that Divine Madness, the Bette Midler concert film, is once again made available thru the Archives. The original DVD was non-anamorphic however. Does anyone know if when they re-press older titles thru the archives, is it an exact duplicate or do they 16x9 the previously 4x3 letterbox titles?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thanksgiving week is traditionally their last week of new releases. No more new releases until January.
kingfish said:
looks like many new preorders are up. however most are titles that were formerly pressed. still hoping for the naked and the dead.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
There hasn't been a new podcast since November 11th which was shortly after the Warner layoff. I hope the weekly podcast isn't a casualty of the cutbacks. It's a great source of information about what is going on in the Archive.

FrankXS

Second Unit
Yes there was a podcast for the Forbidden Hollywood Pre-code Volume 8. It was not on all the usual places but I did listen to it last week.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Well my five for $50 just arrived: THE UNFINISHED DANCE, THE HAPPY YEARS, MEET ME IN LAS VEGAS, THE FIVE MAN ARMY, and THE WORLD OF SUZIE WONG. I had initially wanted THE YAKUZA but it wasn't part of the sale. :( So I went with MEET ME IN LAS VEGAS.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Vic Pardo said:
Well my five for $50 just arrived: THE UNFINISHED DANCE, THE HAPPY YEARS, MEET ME IN LAS VEGAS, THE FIVE MAN ARMY, and THE WORLD OF SUZIE WONG. I had initially wanted THE YAKUZA but it wasn't part of the sale. :( So I went with MEET ME IN LAS VEGAS.
When you see Cyd Charisse's Frankie And Johnny number with John Brascia, you'll be pleased with your decision.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Nothing new today, par for the course in December--but, gratifyingly, the Archive has gone back and remastered several full frame titles in 16x9 widescreen, including The Black Scorpion, The Man with Two Brains, My Blue Heaven, Running on Empty, Joe's Apartment, and Divine Madness with Bette Midler. Great news, keep em comin...and how about following suit, other studios?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks