What's new

WARNER ARCHIVE BLU-RAY DISCS FOR U.K. (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It seems - and that may turn out to be premature - that Warners have struck a new deal with U.K. distributor/vendor HMV to release some of their Warner Archive Blu-ray discs in editions especially tailored for the U. K. market..

Village Of The Damned.jpg

The chosen label is obviously Premier Collection.

Dracula AD 72.jpg

The HMV website clearly describes these discs as coming from Warners so no-one should confuse these with Spanish bootlegs. I imagine that several movie fans in Europe will find this new venture interesting.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Haven't HMV been doing this for a while? Or is this a renewal of that such deal?
Not that I've been aware of. HMV describe their website as a work in progress and I don't know of older Warner Archive Blu-ray releases being made available under that label.

Last edited:

Ross Gowland

Second Unit
Real Name
Ross Gowland
Not that I've been aware of. HMV describe their website as a work in progress and I don't know of older Warner Archive Blu-ray releases being made available under that label.

They've definitely ported over Warner Archive discs before, certainly Valley of Gwangi and The Thing From Another World. Hopefully they'll keep it up.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Na, just generally region free everywhere. I haven't bought any of the HMV Warner Archives, as when a wanted title is released in America, I can't wait to see whether or not it will be released in the UK some time in the future (a lot of Archive releases haven't been), & there's not really much of a price difference between importing the Archive releases & buying the HMV release domestically.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This isn’t new. HMV have been releasing selected Warner Archive and other Warner titles on Blu-Ray on an exclusive basis for some years now. The discs are exactly the same as their US counterparts but are attractively packed to include physical extras such as art cards and posters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks