What's new

Warner Archive: A Patch of Blue on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Warner Archive Collection
4 hrs ·
A PATCH OF BLUE (1965)
NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 105:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 2.35:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color B&W
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Feature: Commentary by Director Guy Green; Featurette "A Cinderella Named Elizabeth";Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Selina D’Arcey is blind, yet she sees the world anew through the eyes of kindly Gordon Ralfe (Academy Award® winner* Sidney Poitier). An awkward Cinderella raised by a bigoted, abusive mother, Selina is white. She does not know that the man helping her learn to dial a pay phone or find the restroom is black. Elizabeth Hartman’s luminous screen debut as Selina earned her a Golden Globe® Award as Most Promising Newcomer. On the veteran side as Selina’s blowsy, bitter mother, Shelley Winters won her second Oscar.®** As directed by Guy Green (Oscar®-winning cinematographer for Great Expectations, 1947), the performances are timeless in A Patch of Blue. So is this fine film’s heart-soaring impact.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, one out of three ain't bad. Actually two (FRANKENSTEIN 1970, just for the Tom Weaver commentary). Okay, maybe all three for the Technicolor of SUMMER STOCK. I really like A PATCH OF BLUE, which should look great.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well, one out of three ain't bad. Guess the days of four releases each month are over. I really like A PATCH OF BLUE, which should look great.
There were four Blu-ray announcements. One just happened to be a TV show.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I worked with Miss Hartman back in the summer of ‘66, or was it ‘67?

Sweet, kind soul. And the wonderful, Michael Dunn...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
This was one of the the films they showed us as part of English classes in high school. 16mm full screen print... I would mind seeing it in OAR ...

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
So, You're a Big Boy Now.
I would love to see YOU'RE A BIG BOY NOW on Blu.
MV5BMTQ4NTQzNzY3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjQyNjIzMTE@._V1_.jpg
Great cast, The Lovin Spoonful and direct by Francis Coppola.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
So, where the hell did A PATCH OF BLUE go? Can't WAC be a bit more transparent about this on venues other than Facebook and Instagram, which some of us choose not to subscribe to?

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
So, where the hell did A PATCH OF BLUE go? Can't WAC be a bit more transparent about this on venues other than Facebook and Instagram, which some of us choose not to subscribe to?
As far as I know, there's been no word, but I strongly suspect, since it didn't even show up on the wbshop site, that it has been delayed, much like some of the titles we originally thought were announced for May last year (the only question is how long has it been delayed).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like it's been confirmed as a May 28th release date.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks