What's new

Wardrobe Malfunctions Galore (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
She looks smashed, as opposed to smashing.

I think it's kind of sad really to cut and distort yourself in order to present a certain image. I never cared for Tara Reid but I imagine that since she hasn't worked much lately she felt the need to get bigger breasts. She probably looked around and saw Lindsay Lohan and thought that if she had bigger tits she might get more work.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Her breasts are sitting waaaay too low. I'm sorry, but from a woman's perspective, breast implants look awful no matter how "nice of a job" you think you got. I can always spot a boob job. They do not sit right ever. I've seen thousands of boob jobs and I've yet to be impressed.

Woman and girls need to just learn to be happy with what they were born with. Natural breasts are much nicer in my opinion.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. On the other hand, knowing a woman who went through breast reduction surgery, and a sister who's strongly considering it, I'd tell you if you need to go that route, it's sometimes worthwhile.

My sister spent most of her life looking like Dolly Parton (by nature) but being a graduate in languages and physics, it didn't help that now she works as a translator in Japan while people spend their time staring at her shirt ;)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Breast reduction I completely understand. Breast implants to be larger I don't. I am a 38 DD and I would love to go back to the B cup I use to be before I had kids, but I would never have surgery for something I consider cosmetic for me.

I know many woman who have had a reduction and it was the best thing they could have ever done.

My beef is with woman ( and I know many of those as well) who get boob jobs that so don't fit their body type. I'm sorry if I offend anyone woman on this board who has had a breast job, but fake boobs look bad in my opinion.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Other than the fact that I don't particularly like boob-jobs (and that Tara looks like she hasn't slept in days), I don't see the big deal here.

So we can see her breast. Oooooo... wow... I've never seen one of THOSE before! BIG DEAL! Seriously - every woman has them (yes, I know this set is fake), so why's everyone so up in arms about something that really isn't any of their personal business?!?

I find it kind of sad & disgusting that the masses are all clamoring to call her a slut and a whore just because she's (accidentally?) exposing a breast. Please... if she bared her chest in a movie, we wouldn't see this kind of reaction... and if it was a guy who's shirt exposed his chest on the red carpet, we wouldn't hear another word about it. It's kind of sad that everyone sits on their high-horse judging the poor girl, but they all took the time to partake of those pictures & pass judgement on her.

Tell me you've never had an embarrasing moment, a humilating experience, or a time when you felt totally exposed in public, and I'll call you damned lucky, or a liar.

Moe.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy

Accident or not, it IS becoming a big trend as of late to be trashy (or whatever you want to call all these accidents of the last couple years). One time, not so long ago, it was usually saved for movies/magazines and the like. Now its turning into almost a weekly news item that "so and so lost this clothing item at this public event...."

Just wait until we're flooded with the Paris Hilton clones.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
But she wasn't being trashy. Her gown seems perfectly normal to me, she just had a very unfortunate mishap. It seems as though several people here have issues with her reputation, rather than with the incident itself.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

I'd argue that it's not Tara being trashy, but rather particular facets of the media ("news"), as they deem this topic newsworthy, and then broadcast it to the entire world as breaking news, and something that every just must know about!

"Slow newsday? Got any boobshots?

This just in! Nipple slip in Miami Beach! Correspandant Trisha Takanawa is onsite, reporting..."

Wonder how come it doesn't become a national newsitem every time Madonna has gas, or blows her nose? Because no one's going to tune in to watch that - it's not tantalizing... it's not tittilating... it won't sell makeup, toys, or beer. It won't appeal to the perverted curiosity of Joe SixPack. Networks, magazines, advertisers, etc. are all countining of the rubbernecking (and rampant hypocrisy) of the general public to tune in to watch this stuff so they can pass judgement on it, while at the same time we can all be treated to the new Coke commercial.

I see situatuations like this in the same light as I would an entire highway grinding to a halt for miles on end so that people can stop to watch some poor schmuck that was forced to pull onto the shoulder to change a tire. Maybe advertisers can take advantage of this as well - next time someone has an accident or a flat tire, Nike should post a big billboard in front of the incident so we can get an eyefull of the new crosstrainer selling in footlocker, along with whatever carnage has occurred on the road.

Moe.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor

Yes she was being trashy. Would Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly have ever had an "unfortunate mishap" like this?
I don't think so. Classy women know what they can wear and retain their dignity.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member

If such incidents never happened in the "old days", that's strong evidence that this sort of thing is NOT just an "unfortunate accident.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
How do you know they didn't? Could it be that people back then knew how to turn away or close their eyes rather than stare and point?

Exactly why would anyone want to expose a scarred breast?

--
H

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

When have you seen them dress in that type of clothing? Back then you wouldn't catch any of them without a bra also.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
These "unfortunate mishap"s have happened since the dress existed. Class has nothing to do with it just as breasts have nothing to do with dignity. The video shown on TV shows that one could not make out a word being spoken to her and her body was plastered with flashbulb light. Blinded, deaf, and with decreased sensation I'm not surprised it went on for so long.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

"Classy" is an objective opinion. Audrey & Grace probably have their share of tittaliating photographs... but the means to transmit & distribute aren't near what they are today.

I don't recall anyone calling Marilyn Monroe unclassy, a slut, or a whore... but when I think of her, the image that pops into my mind is that of her standing above that grating, with her hands stopping the wind from blowing her skirt over her head.

Would you consider that classy?

Moe.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I think photographers had enough class back then not to print something like that. Or maybe feared getting out cast?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Many did, especially after the nude photos of her came out. Besides, a scripted scene in a movie where her dress rises above her knee is quite different from being so unaware of your surroundings that you do not notice your entire big fake breast is exposed. Now, speed winders may be to blame for the apparent lenght of time "exposed" (photgraphy pun intended), but if her publicist noticed and had time to run over, Tara probably should have been more aware of her "malfunction".

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

So she should have noticed, but didn't. Right. So? This couldn't happen? Is it really that difficult to believe? It seems that people have already judged her as automatically guilty.

Ever show up to school with your fly undone, only to have it pointed out to you in 4th period math class by the teacher? Only then does it suddnely become horrificly clear why the whole student body was smiling at you while you walked down the hall. No, it wasn't that new haircut that hid your big ears... people were actually snickering 'cause they could see your Spiderman Underoose.

Did you leave your fly undone on purpose?

Pretty much the same situation here...

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks