What's new

wanted to buy (rotel or b&k )surround receiver (1 Viewer)

NickM

Auditioning
HI EVERYBODY,
I AM NEW HERE AND LOOKS LIKE A REAL NICE SITE,
I HAVE A PIONEER ELITE VSX-43TX 7.1 AND I AM
LOOKING FORWARD TO SELL IT AND BUY AN USED BUT
IN EXCELLENT CONDITIONS ROTEL OR B&K RECEIVER
I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY WHOLE SYSTEM.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Suggestion: kill the caps.

And I own a 53TX and a Rotel 1066/1075 combo.

My suggestion to you is to get a 1075 amp and use it with the 43TX. That should give you more of a step up than getting a 1055 receiver. My $0.02.

All depends what speakers you're running, and what the rest of your system, and what your needs are.

NickM

Auditioning
MY ROOM IT'S PRETTY SMALL 14' X 12' SO I NEVER TOUGH THAT
I'LL NEED AN AMPLIFIER BECAUSE THE POWER ON THE RECEIVER WAS ENOUGH FOR THE SIZE OF MY ROOM, I HAVE DEFINITIVE BP8B
AS MY MAIN SPEAKERS ,DEF. CLR 2300 CENTER AND BP1.2X SURROUNDS , I HAVE TO USE ONLY FIVE SPEAKERS BECAUSE THE WALLS DO NOT HAVE ROOM FOR 2 MORE SPEAKERS.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
DUDE! Stop typing in caps. It's considered yelling in the internet world.

You should post a "should I buy" thread in Receivers/Separates/Amps and see what others have to say. If you do, I'll continue this discussion there since I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
SOMETHING TELLS ME HE DOSNT CARE FOR YOUR SUGGESTION.. har har ;) Wouldnt the rotel receiver have much better sonics, and more power than the pioneer? I wouldve thought going with a Rotel receiver over just adding an amp would have more of an effect.. unless he buys the amp with plans to switch the pioneer out for a rotel pre-pro in the future..

Drew_W

Screenwriter

That's what I was thinking, and probably what I'd suggest doing if you want to move into Rotel land.

CurtisC

Second Unit
Nick,the Rotels will sound quite a bit better than the Pioneer(I've owned both,53txi,1056 and many others).If sound quality is what you're after check the Rotels.The Rotels hold their value pretty well so used will still not be cheap.The 1056 at 75w/pr ch outpowers my 3803 easily and is better on music or concerts.For a room your size,with anything but the most demanding speakers thats plenty of real power.

Frances_H

Stunt Coordinator
I have it for 1.5 years, bought it new from a local authorized dealer, looks new (no scratch at all), I upgraded to B&K Ref 50 about a year ago, and it has been used for my 2 channels system. I have also upgraded firmware to the latest. Please check specs at rotel.com I am looking at $1400, paid $1990.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks