What's new

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit on Blu? (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I hope you'll forgive if this is inquiry is heard too often, but a brief search turned up little if anything.

Are there any substantial rumors about The Curse of the Were-Rabbit coming to Blu-ray? I'm a certified stop-motion freak, and would love to have this title above all others in its class. It would seem to be a natural, with audiences of all ages.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I would imagine that the current animosity between Dreamworks Animation and Aardman (they ended their brief partnership on bad terms after Flushed Away) is putting the kibosh on it.

Either that or Dreamworks simply doesn't care.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'm pretty sure DreamWorks (via Paramount) can release it on Blu-ray in the US at any point they want regardless of Aardman's views since that distribution contract is likely still applicable. They are releasing the far less successful relative-to-budget Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron in March, so who knows what DreamWorks is thinking with their back catalog of non-Shrek animated titles.

EDIT: I also see that DreamWorks/Paramount re-issued the DVD back in November 2010 as a double feature with Chicken Run.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I would even settle for an alternate region Blu-ray of this, as I did with the French version of Chicken Run on Blu-ray.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Only DWA going forward. The catalog is still with Paramount. See the Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron release upcoming on 3/11Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'd love to have this and Chicken Run (aka The Only Mel Gibson Film Allowed in My House Unless They Release The Uncut Pocahontas Again) on Blu-ray.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Brandon Conway said:
Only DWA going forward. The catalog is still with Paramount. See the Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron release upcoming on 3/11Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
There's no indication from Amazon who is distributing Spirit other than DWA. The distribution agreement with Paramount from 2006 specified that Paramount would distribute all titles until the production of 13 titles or December 31, 2012, whichever came last. Doing the math between January of 2006 and December of 2012, DWA released 14 features, which suggests that the arrangement with Paramount is now complete. While the Fox deal does not include previously released titles, DWA may be using alternate distribution for its classic titles. Further, DWA acquired Classic Media, which it has rebranded as DreamWorks Classics. CM was previously distributed by Genius Products, which was acquired by Vivendi Entertainment. The mind reels.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
And Paramount seems to be the studio the least interested in releasing any back catalog (even a couple of years old) on Blu-ray. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks