Wall-mounting KEF Q1s

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bob*S, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Bob*S

Bob*S Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone used brackets to wall-mount the KEF Q1s? I am trying to decide if this is doable in my room with only about 2 feet behind the listening position and they'd need to be mounted high on the walls to clear a closet in back.

Thanks-
    Bob

2. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

Hmmm... I thought about this myself. The thing is you can mount a bracket to them, but you would perminantly damage the enclosure. What about builing little shelves to put them on. Or using special speaker stands?

3. Bob*S

Bob*S Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jesse.

What do you mean by special speaker stands? I need to keep these off the floor to maintain access to the closet. I'm not a fan of putting bookshelf speakers on a shelf but I guess that is an option.

I'm still considering using the Q2ds (has anyone heard these since my attempts to audition them has been futile, thus far) as rears but have yet to hear them and am pretty certain I would be losing a bit for discrete multi-channel music.

Also, what are the advantages, if any, of the Q9c over the Q1 as a center channel? It seems that the Uni-Q driver would provide equally good dispersion in both speakers.

Bob