What's new

Wall-mounting KEF Q1s (1 Viewer)

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone used brackets to wall-mount the KEF Q1s? I am trying to decide if this is doable in my room with only about 2 feet behind the listening position and they'd need to be mounted high on the walls to clear a closet in back.

Thanks-
Bob

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Hmmm... I thought about this myself. The thing is you can mount a bracket to them, but you would perminantly damage the enclosure. What about builing little shelves to put them on. Or using special speaker stands?

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jesse.

What do you mean by special speaker stands? I need to keep these off the floor to maintain access to the closet. I'm not a fan of putting bookshelf speakers on a shelf but I guess that is an option.

I'm still considering using the Q2ds (has anyone heard these since my attempts to audition them has been futile, thus far) as rears but have yet to hear them and am pretty certain I would be losing a bit for discrete multi-channel music.

Also, what are the advantages, if any, of the Q9c over the Q1 as a center channel? It seems that the Uni-Q driver would provide equally good dispersion in both speakers.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks