What's new

Walking Dead Season 8 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I think the age of the show is the biggest reason why it's dropping in ratings. Not many shows go up when they've been on for alot of years. I remember Jerry Seinfeld talking about how when he wanted to end Seinfeld, NBC brought him in and showed charts with the ratings continuing to rise and he said that he didn't want to see the point where that number started to drop and that's why he decided to wrap it up.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So I have only just started and finished watching all 3 seasons of Ricky and Morty and every time someone mentions Future Rick in this thread I keep thinking of Rick Sanchez and I want to watch that version of the show.
If it were Rick Sanchez, he'd either solve the zombie apocalypse in under 30 minutes or portal into a dimension where everything is the same except the zombie apocalypse never happened.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Is this even a narrative now? It feels like I’m watching someone playing a video game.
I was wondering the same thing, except in my case I thought of it as the final act of most recent blockbusters where the plot falls away and there's just relentless action for twenty minutes or so.

I find that boring, and I find this boring too. Let's get back to the character stuff.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think part of the problem is that these episodes have all taken place on the same day so given what the characters are trying to achieve, it's tough to find a place for character moments in the scripts. Unfortunately, when it's just action scene after action scene, the audience can get numb to all the action so none of it seems all that exciting.

To be fair, after the criticisms last year about there not being enough action and wanting to see the good guys get a win, these episodes had to be BIG. Plus, the All Out War arc that they're adapting is probably the biggest and action-heaviest 12 issues in the history of the comic book. To distill that many issues down to 2 or 3 episodes or to have anything less than as much action as possible could have been disappointing to people too.

I assumed something bad was coming but Ezekiel's speeches were pretty cool.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Can somebody please explain who the guy was fighting with Rick? They kept alluding that it was someone important but never came back around to it...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When they revealed Morales, I thought it was kind of lame (after I looked up who he was) because I assumed he would play a bigger part in the Negan story. However, I liked that they brought him back only to kill him off almost as quickly.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This was a very good episode. I felt some tension and excitement which the other episodes didn't really achieve. Also, I think Jeffrey Dahmer was the guy who kidnapped Ezekiel.

Spoiler for a more specific moment in the episode:
RIP Shiva. You were the baddest cat in the Kingdom.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
These non-stop war episodes are boring me. The only moment in tonight's episode that had any emotional impact for me was Travis's spoiler.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, agree this season has been incredibly boring. I also find it ironic that some people were bailing on the show because of Negan yet it seems he is the only interesting character left on the show.

The Ezekiel character is so pretentious. And yet I smile.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Agree. Is this entire season going to just be the war? So uninteresting, and hard to keep track of all of the various stories.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Best episode of the season IMO. It was really only the first couple episodes that I felt a little confused with all the action but otherwise I'm liking the "all out war" feel to it. I have no idea how long Negan will be on the show, but I'm hoping it'll be AT LEAST till the end of season 9. I really like his character and don't see why there's all the hate.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea how long Negan will be on the show, but I'm hoping it'll be AT LEAST till the end of season 9. I really like his character and don't see why there's all the hate.
In the comic book, Negan became one of my favorite characters in the history of The Walking Dead. He's the man you love to hate and I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan really captures that.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
you can't make anyone happy too much acting, too little action, i'm still digging the show it's no more or less than its always been

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks