What's new

Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't mind seeing more content focused on rebuilding civilization, but I simply think we are way too early into the collapse to see that happen on a meaningful scale.
You should stay tuned because that's an interesting idea. The comic book is very, very tentatively planned to go for at least 300 issues and they've only just crossed the halfway point to that (issue 160 comes out next week) so I think a large scale rebuilding could eventually be seen long after the show has ended.

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby
The info in that trailer was only about 50% correct and whomever posted it sounds like they live in a ghetto judging by the profanity and obvious lack of any education. Anyway.....

The CORRECT spoiler was posted early last week with a leaked script that turned out to be 100% spot on from tonight's episode. It's not surprising considering how close the show was to airing on TV. If you read my prior post with spoiler it even stated the 20 minutes into the episode and Darryl being the one that would cause Glenn to die.

I couldn't wait any longer and glad it's finally over. For me, I can't really say the payoff was worth the wait as I would've preferred the episode tonight to have been how Season 6 ended. Now that to me would've been MUCH more effective in more ways than one.

It didn't have as much detail as the leaked script spoiler, but it was still frustrating that a spoiler from July was not only correct about two deaths, but also correct about the identities of the victims. It made the cliffhanger pointless.

Dude! I'm m glad I didn't look at this thread until AFTER watching the episode. You know, just "saying" a movie or show has twist often spoils some aspect of that.

I was aware of the death from the comics from someone spoiling that (which I'd rather have not known) years ago. So I was mostly expecting that death. But when the victim was shown to not be him I thought "wow, I guess they are sparing him". That led to the shock and surprise of the second execution. If I had read your post about two deaths (not the stuff in spoiler tags) it would have been spoiled for me.

I often see people on the internet thinking they can cleverly "talk around spoiler tags". That doesn't work well.

I've learned you can't watch or read anything about the show without things being spoiled. Whether its a video that autoplays, a facebook comment, a comment under a video or article, talking around spoiler tags, etc., something will always spoil it since the show is terrible at preventing very detailed plot leaks ahead of time.

Here' a crazy thought. Maybe, just maybe, if you just watched the episode like you were supposed to and didn't, you know, "SPOIL" it for yourself it would have payed off more? Crazy I know. There's a reason stuff that is called spoilers.

Knowing ahead of time definitely ruined it for me. I would not have been expecting the second death at all and would have totally been caught off guard. In the future, I will stay off anything regarding this show besides this thread and if something else gets spoiled outside of a spoiler tag in this thread, I will stay out of here too.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Very strong start to the new season. I went in blind so the second death did catch me off guard and had me thinking that Carl was going to lose his arm. It was interesting that Negan was logical in taking out Abraham who looked the obvious physical threat, Glenn was punishment for breaking the rules and once he realised he had broken Rick there was no need to inflict any further torment.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Neegan may have only done what he felt he needed to do to make his point absolutely clear, but he enjoyed doing it. That makes him more than just a harsh tyrant. It makes him an evil bastard. His laughing and joking before and after the executions, the way he "played with his food". He LOVES being top dog, and he enjoys the fear he dishes out and the feeling of breaking others and dominating them.

Anyone else get a bit of a "rapey" vibe regarding their plans for Daryl? Neegan sad something about not killing someone like him before you've had a taste or something along those lines.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm on board with those saying they're done. At this point, and particularly with this episode, there's no story, no real drama, just how far they can go to shock an audience that's about as de-sensitized as you can get watching this bleak trek for several seasons. The characters are the least who should be surprised or traumatized by any brutality at this point. Geez, if viewers can still stomach it after the 'zombie kill of the week' for six seasons, why can't they?

And it was astutely pointed out that the premise of the show has long since been abandoned since there is only so much blood or suspense you can wring out of a decaying, slowly walking corpses. It had to turn to survivor upon survivor violence to get a rise out of viewers after a point, and now it's had to resort to this ... sadistic, hammering gore fest to see if there's any reaction left in viewers. None here. Enjoy. I'm out.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'll be lurking in this thread to just watch viewer reaction. It's been interesting so far just seeing how some are quitting the show, others are sticking around (with some reservations), and others excited for where it's going. I imagine if I were watching along, I'd be in the middle camp, but on the verge of abandonment.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Neegan may have only done what he felt he needed to do to make his point absolutely clear, but he enjoyed doing it. That makes him more than just a harsh tyrant. It makes him an evil bastard. His laughing and joking before and after the executions, the way he "played with his food". He LOVES being top dog, and he enjoys the fear he dishes out and the feeling of breaking others and dominating them.
Absolutely, he really seemed to enjoy that Rick didn't break immediately and was going to be a bit of a challenge.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know that the TV show will do it but comic book Negan finds himself to be very funny (which he is) and he's frequently drawn with a smile or a smirk. All things considered, he's having a pretty good time with his new life.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Without spoiling anything for me....... Is Negan going to be on the show from now on, or is he a 1 season villain? I can handle him if he is just the villain of the season, But if they plan on him staying beyond that, I am probably going to bail too. I really don't know why I am watching a show that has no possibility of things getting better. I really wish they would start working towards an end game where things start to look up. I know that is not what this show is about but there is only so much darkness I can stomach and I am getting close to being full.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Who knows? For one thing, the show is well behind the comic. More:

He's around in the comics. I don't know what more I can or should say, but Rick's attitude towards Negan these days is a tad ridiculous.

When he got the upper hand, Rick suddenly took a 'we don't kill' attitude and put him in jail. He is now working to be Rick's trusted ally. It's one thing for Rick to be lenient when the murdered guy was Glenn, but I know Negan would be dead if he had murdered Carl.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Has there been an indication of the ratings yet? For those wondering if the show is going to change course, look to the ratings. Probably next week or the week after would be better. I'm guessing last night had a shot of being their most watched episode ever. If they hold a good portion of that audience for a few weeks, get used to more of the same next season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If you've been reading his origin in Image Previews, he was a foul-mouthed douche even before the apocalypse.
I'm amazed by how much that story has humanized him. He's still an asshole but seeing the man behind the curtain gives me a whole different perspective on the character.

Without spoiling anything for me....... Is Negan going to be on the show from now on, or is he a 1 season villain?
Saying the least possible while still answering that question, I think he'll be
around longer than one season.
Keep in mind that the TV show frequently deviates from the comics and who knows at what rate they'll adapt the book so I could be totally wrong.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've actually only read the first chapter of that story. I'm waiting for it to be collected so I don't have to store those magazines.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Without spoiling anything for me....... Is Negan going to be on the show from now on, or is he a 1 season villain? I can handle him if he is just the villain of the season, But if they plan on him staying beyond that, I am probably going to bail too. I really don't know why I am watching a show that has no possibility of things getting better. I really wish they would start working towards an end game where things start to look up. I know that is not what this show is about but there is only so much darkness I can stomach and I am getting close to being full.

I'm also getting to that point. Negan has kind of ruined the show for me. I'll stick with it for a while, but if he becomes a major character that's always around, similar to FTWD, I don't see much point in watching and I'll bail.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I hope Negan is the last of the supervillain archetype the show trots out. I get that it's a dystopian social study show, but there seems to me to be other avenues of narrative possibilities the show has never bothered exploring. There's been more variety and ideas in 2+ seasons of The Last Man on Earth than in all TWD/FTWD combined so far.

Last edited:

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Mid way through last season this show stopped being must see for me and became a DVRed when I have the time show.
The premise is old and tired and nothing more then rinse and repeat over and over again.

As for Negan, the character is laughable in it's simplicity and improbability. A psychopath like this simply would not be able to maintain power over a large army of people. The problem is the type of people that would be attracted to him are the very type of people that lack discipline and respect for order which is necessary to maintain control over a large group. Eventually one of the followers would decide it was their turn to lead and bump him off.

Even more problematic would be the control of outposts like Hill Top and Alexandra. (?) The vast majority of the people would simply leave once the opportunity became available. It would be far too easy for them to just slip away.

I'll keep DVRing the episodes and catch up when there is nothing better to watch.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Even more problematic would be the control of outposts like Hill Top and Alexandra. (?) The vast majority of the people would simply leave once the opportunity became available. It would be far too easy for them to just slip away.
There's not anywhere to go though. If you're 'homeless' now, you're most likely going to die or, if you're very lucky, you'll live an utterly brutal existence. Assuming you meet his supply demands, Negan is a relatively safe option.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Something that struck me that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that Negan is also extremely effective as a fighter. While appearing calm and in control he moved with catlike quickness in the RV when he first dared Rick to take the axe. He also was able to use the rifle in full auto and surgically take out walkers with head shots to allow Rick to continue his mission to bring back the axe. One would expect that Negan would need to be king of the hill to maintain control of his mob, and the couple of scenes we've seen of him in action are consistent with that expectation.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
There's not anywhere to go though. If you're 'homeless' now, you're most likely going to die or, if you're very lucky, you'll live an utterly brutal existence. Assuming you meet his supply demands, Negan is a relatively safe option.
That is not true at all. It would take planning but it still would be very doable. There are literally thousand of places our little band of survivors could go to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks