What's new

Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire (New TV Movie) (1 Viewer)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I can't believe no one has mentioned this. Our favorite Texas Ranger, Cordell Walker (Chuck Norris) is returning to TV tonight on CBS!

From the Official Site....

Chuck Norris reprises his role as Texas Ranger Cordell Walker in WALKER, TEXAS RANGER: TRIAL BY FIRE, airing Sunday, October 16 at 9 pm et/pt. Series stars Sheree J. Wilson (Alex Cahill), Judson Mills (Francis Gage) and Clarence Gilyard (James Trivette) also return for the movie in which Walker must try to find a teenager who is on the run from a dangerous crime syndicate, and also clear an innocent colleague who is framed for murder.

A missile guidance component inadvertently falls into the hands of a 13-year-old boy who becomes the target of a crime syndicate determined to recover it.

When Walker responds to a message left by the boy's father asking for help, he goes to their home and discovers that the father has been brutally murdered.

Meanwhile, forensics expert Kay McCord (Janine Turner) investigates the murder of a woman who she saw leave a local bar with Ranger Rhett Harper (Andre Kristoff). Though Harper fervently denies any knowledge of the crime, D.A. Alex Cahill is forced to arrest him. Also, Texas Ranger Trivette is given the opportunity to train recruits at CIA Headquarters in Quantico, Virginia.

Maybe this means that Walker will return to TV!

When you're in Texas look behind you... cause thats where the Ranger is going to be!

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I loved my description of the movie on the DVR guide.

"Low on plot but heavy on car chases, Walker Texas Ranger..."

:laugh:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
What the hell? I guess Sheree J. Wilson wanted out any future Walker movies.

And Chuck Norris is SIXTY-FIVE years old! :eek:

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Typical Walker action.... which is to be expected.

Lack of real plot, corny lines and silly (c'mon... bullet time in Walker?)

In other words.... it was great.

I can smell a sequel.

Nothing wrong with that... look how old David Caradine was in Kung Fu.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I never said anything was wrong with that. I'm amazed by it, not "Retire already, Norris!"

todd s

Senior HTF Member
You can tell he is getting older. He wasn't involved with as many fights as a normal Walker episode.
I too was shocked by Alex getting shot. Although, she never is seen actually being dead. So I am sure they wanted to leave it open. And I knew when I did'nt see Clarence Gilyard's (Trivette) name in the Directv info box...I figured he was just making a cameo.

And that is amazing that he is 65!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

According to the Dallas Morning News TV Magazine, Gilyard was set to revive his role as Trivette, but the production got delayed and he was forced to withdraw because of his scheduled mission work.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I wonder if Gage was originally going to be the Ranger that gets framed. And all of the scenes with Gage were going to be Trivette. So when Gilyard couldn't appear. They put Gage in Trivette's place and then make up Rhett's character to take over for Gage. ????

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't watch it, so I'm not sure. Another thing to consider from the TV Magazine piece is that this movie was apparently an amalgamation of two scripts. There was another Walker movie in the works called Time Bomb (or something), but it didn't end up getting made. If I read the article right, elements from that were incorporated in this script. Given those circumstances, it's probably a small miracle this movie seemed to work for those of you who watched it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks