What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Wal-Mart....A new trend...but not a good one (1 Viewer)

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I've noticed that Wal-Mart will stock both versions of a DVD when it's a new release, but after time will only carry the FS/PS version after a few months.

Recent examples of this would be "Unfaithful" and "Ghost Ship." I don't necessarily think it's a matter of selling out of the WS versions, but just not carrying them after a certain period.

My local Wal-Mart has also started locking their boxed sets -- like Buffy, Star Trek DS9, and Alias -- in a glass case. :thumbsdown: Sucks because often the fragile cardboard boxes are beat up, and if I'm going to buy one, I'd like to be able to pick out a mint one instead of making the sales drone think I'm a loon. :D

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
David Lambert, I humbly apologize for my mistake and plead for your forgiveness. I’m afraid the Wal-Mart situation here is unfortunately not human error. Not sure what level the decision is made here for the imbalance. Everyone without this situation is very fortunate and blessed indeed.

WillG, you are one of the “lucky” ones too. ;-)

I’m hoping my local Wal-Mart will improve by purchasing wide-screen from them and passing when they don’t.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Even though my mother-in-law works @ Wal-Mart, I only buy DVDs there when I can get WS for sure. Wal-Mart tends not to be very competitive for DVD prices in Canada, so I shop elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks