What's new

Wal Mart 5.88 DVD sale (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
oooh, Batman... I think another trip to WalMart is in order this week. (picked up Creepshow, thanks guys)

-paul

Sam H

Second Unit
Just picked up 2 more titles:

Bedazzled
Freddie Got Fingered

(Didn't see them the last few trips in Wally Mart)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
our wal-mart also has a shelf of 5.88 dvd's that include some that dont end up in the bin.
so look on the dvd shelf section in your mart too.

Don

Second Unit
picked up Batman monday glad i did didnt see any there today so i picked up Dillinger. Don,

Dan DRC

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up Tigerland and Batman today. Seems to be a few new titles every week. Recently picked up Hotel Newhampshire, The Misfits, Dillenger,
The Towering Inferno, Posiden Adventure, Rambo II and III,
Freeway and The Mod Squad. I live in a rual area and have five supercenters with in 45 mins so I get a pretty good chance to hit around three differnet stores every week.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"has anyone Found Rambo 1 at Wal-Mart."

Nope, don't think you will either since it sold considerably better than part II & III but you never know.;)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
CREEPSHOW looks better than I've ever seen it. BTW, 2.0 is the correct sound format for the film. That's the way it was released. I'd rather have a proper 2.0 track than a badly done 5.1 remix any day.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There are several copies of Batman at the Walmart on the corner of Military & Hypoluxo in Boynton (or maybe it's Lake Worth).

They had Rambo I, but it's on the $14.44 rack.

I picked up 12 titles the other day. Most excited about Tigerland and Novocaine (a classic!).

JohnS, I picked up C&P in Suburbia because the case says it's a reworking of the Dostoyevsky classic. Good to know that it's good, and that it has that commentary!

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I could not find anything I liked in the bins or the shelves. So I just got the Nightmare box set for $69.xx, also I got some Sandra Bullock flick for the GF out of the bin.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Went back to Wal-Mart a few days ago and picked up copies of BATMAN: THE MOVIE (1966) and ROBERT A. HEINLEIN'S THE PUPPET MASTERS (1994). Sweet.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Picked up Tigerland and Crime & Punishment in Surburbia based on recommendations from thsi thread. I hope I won't be disappointed. But for 5.88...who cares!! I never really heard of Tigerland until people started posting about it here.

Chet

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've picked up at least 8 titles so far. Don't give up after one look. The contents of the bin changes pretty regularly. I've gotten several guilty pleasures I wouldn't pay more for, like Puppet Masters, Two Moon Junction and Cruel Intentions 2 but there are some mighty fine and fun flicks there like Tigerland, Freeway and Suicide Kings.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The bin was stacked chest-high the other day, but NOTHING new since the last time I checked. Ugh.

Anyone watched that Sandra Bullock flick yet? Is it any good? (I've been warned against the "Robert DeNiro" movie that was in the bin -- apparently it just includes some unused raw footage of him from a completely different movie!)

John Madia

Second Unit
I just dropped by walmart today to pick up The Towering Inferno and noticed they added a couple of Jackie Chan flicks. The only ones I can recall are First Strike and Shaolin Snake and Crane. The other ones looked like generic releases. I was also going to pick up 61* but it was gone.

John Madia

Second Unit
Forgot to ask: Is the McLintock disk they are selling Pan & Scan? It has different cover art but looks like a public domain disk. I'd pick it up if it was letterboxed despite the embarrassing cover art which spoils the end( Wayne spanking Maureen O' Hara
).

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, many of the same discs are at Sam's Club in 2 packs for $9.99.

Has anyone found Quills at Wall-Mart? They have it at Sam's, but it is paired with Cousin Bette which I don't think I want.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I'd like to pick up Quills for $5.88. Its listed as $7.99 at the Best Buy website. I picked up Towering Inferno for that price at Best Buy and within a few weeks it was available in the $5.88 bin so I think I'll wait. If anyone sees any copies in the Fort Lauderdale area please post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks