What's new

Wal Mart 5.88 DVD sale (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I saw the cult "classics" Freeway & Two Moon Junction yesterday in the $5.88 bin.

I think they're updating these with new titles, too...I see that my first post on this was February 16th...almost a month ago!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw the cult "classics" Freeway & Two Moon Junction yesterday in the $5.88 bin.
I was just coming to post that I picked up Two Moon Junction for $5.88, along with Betsy's Wedding and The Puppet Masters. There were tons of other titles new to the $5.88 bin at my Wal-Mart, but I was in a hurry and don't recall any others.

Karl FS

Grip
I also saw Without Limits, and Inventing the Abbotts... great movies IMO. They seem to be adding new movies each week, and you'll most likely have to dig for the good ones.

Tonya

Auditioning
I picked up Slums of Beverly Hills and The Ice Storm. In addition to titles in the $5.88 bin, my Wal-Mart stores also have titles for $5.88 on the wall near the new releases. Several people at another forum were able to find the film Go (SE) for $5.88, but I haven't had that kind of luck here.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I picked up 10 tonight. They're still in my car. A frew I remember are Slums of Beverly Hills, Ernest Goes to Camp, Cabin Boy, Overboard (adam sandler movie), Captain Ron, Ernest Scared Stupid (yes, I gave in, for $6, but may return), Drive Me Crazy & Whatever It Takes (two cheesy movies I don't mind watching), Inventing the Abbots and I think, Kissing a Fool. I think that's all 10.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I grabbed Capt. Ron and Gross Anatomy, both new to the bin on today's trip. Saw the Ernest ones mentioned by Kyle, as well as Bartok. But the kid wasn't interested, so I gave them a pass.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Got the Last Action Hero on Saturday, I was looking for Rambo All three but they didn't have one. Granted one of Arnie's worst, but for 5.88 the bass and surround of this movie is pretty darn good.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up The Ice Storm (haven't seen it), Casualties of War, Dolores Claiborne, The Mosquito Coast, and Don Juan DeMarco for $5.88. I also got Mississippi Burning and Consipiracy Theory for $10. At Target I grabbed Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid for $14. There are some really good deals out there these days. There are a few titles mentioned here that I would pick up if I found them. I guess the selection varies at each Walmart.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Yeah, I grabbed Capt. Ron and Gross Anatomy, both new to the bin on today's trip.
Hey, I bought both of those when I was raiding through the pile a while back. Weird. And just those two as well. Weird. And here's the really weird thing. Both movies were directed by the same guy.

Anyways, I'll have to go raid the bin again...see if I find any of the Rambos...

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Picked up The Puppet Masters-was looking at the names on top of the DVD and it didnt ring a bell, then after seeing about 25 of them I finally looked at the cover and realized which movie it was

Also a couple that werent listed here in the bin

Red Scorpion and Stephen Kings SleepWalkers

BTW didnt pick it up but they had about 10 copies of The Beast

Don

Second Unit
i just picked up cobra last night and another one i do need rambo part 1 though. Don,

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Got Rambo 2 this past Saturday, will make the extra trip this weekend to search for Rambo 3, according to Ron Epstein, this is the best sounding disc of the three. I hope I get it.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well,
we finally got lucky in Vegas Walmarts(one on spring Mtn Rd)

This Walmart set out a BUNCH of $5.88 DVD's then also filled half a shelf with more(different) $5.88 DVD's.

I picked up
Who's Harry Crumb?
Prime Gig(2001, w/ Ed Harris & Vince Vaughn)
Freeway
Ernest Goes to Camp
Grand Canyon
Crime & Punishment in Suburbia(got it b/c of TWO THUMBS UP!:))
Two Moon Junction

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
we finally got lucky in Vegas Walmarts(one on spring Mtn Rd)
Are you referring to the one on Spring Mtn and Rainbow? If so, they've had the $5.88 DVDs for a while now. A few months ago, they were just in a bin, but around two months ago, they put them on the shelves.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Matthew,
I know that:)
But they just added more $5.88 titles, they never had before.

You should check it out, a couple of teen comedies are in that bin:)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

Eberhardt! He also directed two movies I'd LOVE to see on DVD: Night of the Comet and Without a Clue!

John,

What did you think of The Prime Gig? I quite enjoyed that one.

Well, I'm off to Wal-Mart now! I gotta track me down a copy of Dog Day Afternoon. Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks