What's new

Wa-Hoo TV isn't dead afterall (1 Viewer)

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
Turns out that the buzzing on my 32" Sony was from loose magnets on the deflection yoke. A magnet became loose which loosened a dampner and caused a really annoying buzzing. It wasn't affecting the picture but it was affecting the movie experience. All it took was a little glue.
Whew!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This reminds me of when my 6 year old son was only 1 year old. My display was a 27" Sanyo back then. He splashed the TV screen with his juicy cup then the picture went all white, then all black (no picture) with only audio. I took the darn thing apart and could not fix it so I went and got a 32" JVC. (After all, we cannot do without a display for our DVD's can we?) Sadly, the Sanyo just went past its warranty anyway.
About 6 months later, I decided to take the Sanyo apart again. Found nothing obviously wrong with it. Put it back together and powered it on. There was audio and the screen was snowy.
"Hey wait!! Snowy???" So I connected the cable and it worked ok.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Neil, that sounds like the classic case of "leave it off for awhile and let it dry out and then it'll work fine." :) I had a similar experience with a very old tv in a soggy basement.
cheers,
--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks