Wa-Hoo TV isn't dead afterall

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gordon Moore, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

Turns out that the buzzing on my 32" Sony was from loose magnets on the deflection yoke. A magnet became loose which loosened a dampner and caused a really annoying buzzing. It wasn't affecting the picture but it was affecting the movie experience. All it took was a little glue.
    Whew!

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    This reminds me of when my 6 year old son was only 1 year old. My display was a 27" Sanyo back then. He splashed the TV screen with his juicy cup then the picture went all white, then all black (no picture) with only audio. I took the darn thing apart and could not fix it so I went and got a 32" JVC. (After all, we cannot do without a display for our DVD's can we?) Sadly, the Sanyo just went past its warranty anyway.
    About 6 months later, I decided to take the Sanyo apart again. Found nothing obviously wrong with it. Put it back together and powered it on. There was audio and the screen was snowy.
    "Hey wait!! Snowy???" So I connected the cable and it worked ok.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Neil, that sounds like the classic case of "leave it off for awhile and let it dry out and then it'll work fine." [​IMG] I had a similar experience with a very old tv in a soggy basement.
    cheers,
    --tom