What's new

Vista Premium, DVI & 50" Plasma TV (1 Viewer)

Chad Sunderland

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I have just purchased a Philips 50" plasma, and a new HP Vista Premiuim PC with DVI output.

With my PC set at a 1366 x 768 screen resolution, my image on the screen looks good and fills the monitor properly. The problem is, that the text is so small that I am unable to read webpages from my couch. When the PC is set at any other resolution, the desktop becomes to large and expands outside the viewing area.

Are there any work arounds so that I can use a lower resolution, and still have the full desktop on my monitor? Thanks!

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I have the same problem connecting through HDMI. What I did was use the Ctrl+scroll to increase the size of the text on webpages and text on a wireless keyboard and mouse.

David Allen

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony 40" LCD 1080p HD monitor connected to an HP Pavillion Media PC, via an NVidia HDMI PCI-Express card. I've used the Windows Vista and NVidia Display controls to set it to 1080p output (Both the card and TV are 1080p capable). The problem is that the windows desktop is too big at that resolution, so the taskbar and desktop icons are not visible because they overshoot the screen. How do I fix this? I want 1080p capability on this thing. I am using the TV as the only monitor for the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks