What's new

Directors VISIONS OF LIGHT tourney! (1 Viewer)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Glad to show up in time to vote for one of the best examples of great cinematography ever: The Night of the Hunter!

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
The Night of the Hunter

While I really dig Dog Day Afternoon, I never really thought of it as an exemplary example of cinematography. Maybe I'm missing something and should look again....?

Would have been my vote too if I had been around. Interestingly, it was one of the movies that first made me notice film photography after I got into DVD. I had only ever seen it on TV or VHS and I did think it was a really good movie, but when I saw it on DVD in full scope, I was blown away by how much difference it made. It was like a whole new movie. Beautiful stuff.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Night of the Hunter sweeps 6-0, as it should for a top seeded film.

ROUND 1, MATCH 15
Cool Hand Luke ----------------------------- vs ----------------------------- Red Dust
DP Conrad Hall --------------------------------------------- DP Victor Kemper

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Cool Hand Luke and Red Dust tie at 2-2
DAMMIT, I enjoy both of these films, and would vote Red Dust over many in the tournement, but I will cast my vote for Conrad Hall's jaw dropping photography in Cool Hand Luke. So Cool Hand Luke advances.

ROUND 1, MATCH 16
Touch of Evil ----------------------------- vs ----------------------------- The Wizard of Oz
DP Russell Metty --------------------------------------------- DP Harold Rosson

I'm reasonably certain that touch of evil shot is from a gun blast flash of light.

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
Touch of Evil

Adam, that still is not from Touch of Evil, but rather The Killers (another fine looking film, I may add).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks